Kemper midi automation via Pro Tools (connection issue)

• Hi,

I'm trying to automate the changing of performance slots and fx with Pro Tools 11, but I haven't been able to get the connection to work.

Current setup:

(PC) Midi track in PT11->USB cable->PreSonus 1818VSL->Midi cable out->Kemper midi cable in

I've setup a midi track following multiple videos/forums, but the signal doesn't appear to get to the Kemper, as the performance slots never change. I already use PT to control lights via DMXis, send a click, and send backing tracks via the 1818VSL, which works without issue. I've attached an image of the midi track that I'm currently trying to test with the Kemper. My understanding is that I'm telling it to select performance #1, and then change to slot 1, 2, and 3 of that performance (I've also tried without CC47 with no luck). The midi track is currently sending out through channel 2 of the 1818VSL. I've tried this with the Kemper midi global channel set to 2, and Omni, and had no luck.

One last item to consider: I have one USB cable running into my rack with a USB splitter, which splits to my iLok, DMXis, and PreSonus. I'm not sure if that could be the issue, but it's all buried deep in the rack, so it's going to take some time to tear it down and test a direct connection.

I'm sure that I'm overlooking something simple, but I haven't been able to find any information for this type of issue online. I'd love to get this up and running, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• If you are in performance mode you have to use PC commands. Thats all. PC 0 is your first slot , PC 1 is the second one PC4 is the 5slot and PC 6 is a next performance first slot and so on.

0xC0 to 0xCF where the low nibble is the MIDI channel.

Data

One data byte follows the status. It is the program number to change to, a number from 0 to 127.

So channel one performance 1 slot 1 will be C0 00. Performance 2 slot one will be C0 05

• Thanks for the response, DamianGreda! Your instructions make sense to me, however, after messing around some more, I'm still unable to get my slots to change via midi.

For simplicity, I made my desired performance to be Performance #1 (was previously #2). I'm using my amp in performance mode. If I'm understanding your instructions correctly, that means I should be using Program Change 0-4 to change between all slots in Performance #1. I've tried that all kinds of ways, both through my PreSonus and UM-One interface, but haven't had any luck. It makes me wonder if the Kemper, for some reason, isn't receiving the midi signal, but I don't know of a way to check that.

I currently have my global midi set to omni, but I've also tried it set to specific channels.