Amporium - MP Super Black pack

• Hi,

I have done a few test profiles of my Mad Professor Super Black (Fender Blackface style pedal, whole amp signal path replicated) running with 12V for higher headroom straight into a Hotone Loudster driving a Celestion Greenback in a 1x12 VOX cab.

The Greenback gives a different flavour to that vintage Fender tone, that I really like. Running the pedal at 12V, the gain structure is very tube-like. Not a cheap pedal, but the sound is very convincing in my opinion. I tried my best to get as close as possible with the profiles.

Miced to fit the pedal tone with a Sennheiser E 906, offering 2 variations (one warmer / punchy and second cab a tad brighter / crisp). The profiles are completely raw / unedited - you can adjust basic EQ and tweak Compressor, Definition, Power Sagging ... to fit your playing and guitars.

Please tell me if you like some of them! (I have the Mad Professor Loud'n Proud too ;))

You get the free pack with 18 profiles here:

Amporium - MP Super Black

I tried to tag the profiles with as many information as possible to make Monkey_Man happy :)

Edited 2 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• I tried to tag the profiles with as many information as possible to make Monkey_Man happy :)

You're a champ, Tobi; thanks man! <3

I share profiles for free and try to get better with my profiling techniques 8)

Indeed you do, mate.

Just a thought on this: Have you tried or compared an SM57 to the 906 for your Profiling? I ask 'cause IMHO the 906 sounds sterile / unremarkable / lifeless in comparison. The top end is particularly-unpleasing to my ears - not quite "plasticy", but definitely lacking sweetness.

Overall I feel the '57 brings mojo to the table, whereas the 906 is accurate-but-sterile overall. Just MHO of course, so take it with a grain of salt and wash it down with a beer if you like.

• Thanks for the input Monkey_Man

Are you reffering to the actual profiles or are you speaking about the E 906 in general? What guitar have you played with the rigs?

Cause I can hear no plastic in the profiles:P

Of course I love the SM57, but I am really re-discovering the 906 lately!

The 906 not only does sound warm and fuller (tasty low mids), it also has more room in its high frequencies. While the SM57 sounds...well like the SM57, I really like how the 906 is able to capture the nuances of the speaker characteristics.

The SM57 with the gritty top end has its mojo for sure, but lateley I really like the relaxed, comforting "discreetness" of the 906.

The SM57 is easy in most mixes, but in a decent mix it's possible to place the 906 in a very noble way without getting lost. But just my opinion ?

• I respect that, Tobi. Just putting it out there, mate, 'cause you suggested you were open to improving things as you go.

I agree about the fullness of the 906. The high end I don't like is OK for me as long as I don't compare it with a '57. As I said, I just don't feel the warmth and mojo the '57 produces, but if I'd never heard the Shure I wouldn't know what I was missing out on, and therefore wouldn't care.

I haven't played the Profiles; just basing this on past experience.

• The SM57 with the gritty top end has its mojo for sure, but lateley I really like the relaxed, comforting "discreetness" of the 906.

The SM57 is easy in most mixes, but in a decent mix it's possible to place the 906 in a very noble way without getting lost.

Nice discussion here Ibot39 and Monkey_Man :thumbup:8)

I own both mics and used them for years in different situations. Fully agree with your views on both of them. SM57 has its own characteristic which you can almost always identify no matter what you put in front of it while the 906 has more versatility but less cut through. For me it's always a case by case decision.

And by the way I have some very cool sounding vocal tracks done with the SM57. Has a very nice rough vibe :)

• Thanks!!!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user