Morphing between Rigs

• I would like to be able to morph between 2 rigs. My Roland GP100 would do that back in the 1990's. I could morph anywhere between a Fender and a Marshall. It was pretty versatile, although the amp models weren't as good as what you find today.

• I would like to be able to morph between 2 rigs. My Roland GP100 would do that back in the 1990's. I could morph anywhere between a Fender and a Marshall. It was pretty versatile, although the amp models weren't as good as what you find today.

That you would not be able to do. You have to be able to have 2 amps in one profile to do that. You can alter any settings that the amp in the profile has and get close to what you are looking to do. Also in performance mode you can set up to 5 profiles to toggle between with no latency. If you lock the effects that would also get you close to morphing between the amps, you just wont have the time delay options.

• I believe its been stated that the current architecture can;t support 2 profiles so its not going to be immediately possible. However I think you request fits into the "dual profile" request that others have.

I do question the rationale of why...do you really want the in-between sounds (which is the only benefit). All my morph settings are via a button and instant...blurring between does nothing for me - just my view.

Of course the Roland was a very different in that it modelled sounds, so its the same question as changing parameters like gain are not modelled in the KPA so take you away from the reference amp. So not really apples with apples....

• Blending between two amps by assigning the morphing function to an expression pedal basically creates sort of a variable third hybrid amp. I found that positioning the expression pedal towards the cleaner Fender tone for rhythms was very useful during live performances, without having to "switch" completely to the Fender model. It's just a little more subtle approach than the hitting a foot switch. In other words, you don't have to go completely Fender if you don't want to.

The Roland GP100 didn't have the best amp models, but it was extremely versatile and tweak-able in real-time. Very underrated at the time considering it was made in the mid 1990's. Still is in many ways, even by today's standards. They packed a lot of functionality into a single rack space unit.