Had it not been for the Editor...

• I would have not discovered "Performance" mode!

I just never used it before as I had always stayed on the browser and loved that- but Wow what a rush! 5 snapshots all set differently under one performance!

Old hat to some but I just never knew the power behind the idea and would have probably never found out, if I had not played around with the editor! :thumbup:  8)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Maybe I should start using the Performance mode too...

How do you guys set up your performances? 1 amp in 5 iterations (like clean, crunch, rythm, solo)? Or do you mix different amps in the same performance? Obviouls, the possibilities are endless, but I was just wondering how you guys use the performance mode. I think I'd rather do 1 performance for 1 amp. I dunno, maybe to have some consistency sound wise through a song?

• I should probably try P-Mode. I’ve had my Kemper for 5+ years and haven’t checked it out at all.

I guess I don’t see the advantage.

I have a midi controller with 5 buttons on each row. I just set up a bank for each song. The 5 buttons on the bottom row correspond to the different sections of the song.. Might be different variations of a single profile or different profiles altogether.

The buttons on the top row are reserved for stomps and FX.

Isn’t this pretty much what performance mode gives you? If not, what is the difference?

Is there any reason to switch from this method to performance mode?

• Quicker switching within the one performance , and editing rigs in performance mode doesn't alter the original

• How do you guys set up your performances?

This depends on the situation. For me it is usually one of the following two scenarios:

JAM-SESSION: One performance for each guitar with slots varying from clean to heavily distorted with a sensible set of common effects for each slot. With slots prepared for Tele/Strat/LP/SG, a locked solo-boost in FX-slot X and clear labels on the remote this works fine even for a JAM-session with guitarists who have never used a KPA before.

SHOW-MODE: Individual slots/performances optimised for each song/guitar controlled by a setlist-manager (Bandhelper). There are songs that require multiple slots, but the majority is done with one slot per song using morph for solo and a couple FX-toggles.

• Maybe I should start using the Performance mode too...

How do you guys set up your performances? 1 amp in 5 iterations (like clean, crunch, rythm, solo)? Or do you mix different amps in the same performance? Obviouls, the possibilities are endless, but I was just wondering how you guys use the performance mode. I think I'd rather do 1 performance for 1 amp. I dunno, maybe to have some consistency sound wise through a song?

It entirely depends on the song :)

For me, my main workhorse performances are ones based around Marshalls with V30s, Marshalls with Greenbacks, and Plexis. In each of these performances, I have 5 different amps, and I can pick and choose as I feel like.

However, for certain songs - such as I Want to Break Free by Queen - I have 4 patches in that performance. Patch 1 is a swell to try and re-create the synth intro, patch 2 is a vox with low gain for the intro keys and guitar verses, patch 3 is more gain for when the guitar kicks in a bit more, and patch 4 is for the solo (with that odd filter effect). Works a treat!

• You must not play live a lot, me thinks :)

Performance mode has been a live/life saver for me!

I do not now (but I did off & on for over 4 decades). I can see its worth in just making "1" 5 slot performance! Kewl-Beans!!!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• How do you guys set up your performances?

For me, I have a versatile performance set up for each of my favorite amps--usually going from clean to heavy distortion--with basic effects assigned to the stomps. That way I can easily play whatever I feel like at any given time.

Then, I have separate performances for specific songs that either have a signature sound (Boston, Van Halen, etc.) and/or effects that are keyed to the song.

• If you have multiple guitars or bass's, naming a performance for the particular instrument, gives you 5 guaranteed-to-sound-good profiles, for that particular guitar. This is the way I've done it since the beginning.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• I’ve never tried out Performance Mode. I just play at home. I cannot see what it can do for me. I only browse for a profile and play/record. What can Performance Mode do for me?

• you may use 5 diff settings of one rig for diff parts in a song

you may use 5 diff profiles of 1 amp with Diff gains for example to make this amp working in diff situations

• Glad you found it. It's all I use.

I usually setup a performance with varying degrees of clean to crunch/solo across the 5 slots for a particular amp.

I use MiDi to select a certain Performance/slot per song.

I always know that it's a quick button press on the remote to the left or right to compensate for different guitars if required.

• Changes in Performance mode are faster than in Browse. I use a midi foot switch, therefore have no need for to line things up in the 5 slot method, as I could just call up each patch in Browse but I like the extra speed.

• For the non users of Performance Mode just remember that even if you can use it with any midi controller it is specially designed to be used with the Kemper Remote.

And once you have the Kemper Remote, using Morphing you not only have the 5 basic tones plus effects/stomps for each slot but also one morphed version of each, by stomping the same slot a second time.

I have done the "by song" method for years when I was playing covers. And now that we are writing music I have a BASE performance with my 5 favourite profiles of different amps from completely clean to heavy distortion. And I have also made some performances of 5 tones of the same amp.

The possibilities are endless and you can tweak the profiles for each performance without altering the original ones in Browser Mode.