Hi Cut, eliminating fizz, and general EQ questions....

• Hi all,

I'm running the Kemper non-powered head via 2 RedSound RS-LG12 FrFr cabs. I've typically been using a high cut at around 7KHz, but I've been hearing lots of differing opinions on what this should ideally be set to. I'm aware that 'normal' guitar cabs and speakers don't have much above 5KHz, but of course the Kemper is profiling a mic'd cab.... whcih will add some of this range back in.

What hi cuts are people using?

And likewise, to get rid of some of the 'fizz', I tend to use a studio EQ after the cab, and raise the mid level to +12. I keep the Q in the middle, and then sweep the frequency range until I get to a nasty whistling sound (usually around 3.3KHz), and then cut that by -2.5. Again, is that a standard approach? Anyone do anything different?

There's only 3 of us in the band, and I'm aiming for a sound that stands out and doesn't get lost - but at the same time doesn't sound like fingers on a blackboard with horrible highs in it etc.

(If it helps, I use Les Pauls with Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell pups in, typically using TopJimi Caswell profiles).

Thanks all!

• Hi

At the moment im just playing through the pa system with the EQ flat on the desk, ive cut the output presence to nearly -5 and I put the "cut the mix" eq preset locked in after the cab, ive adjusted the high and low cut to 80hz and 7k ish

Then try some profiles, and move the output presence and or the eq high cut and see how it goes, I raise definition on things a good bit too,

This is working great for me at the moment

Ferg