Kemper Stage is not available?

• Code
    Hi there,

I am new here and I come from Germany. I ordered a Kemper. However, it is not available in all major music stores. Sometimes only in a few weeks. Can someone tell me why? Are there still bottlenecks in delivery? My English is not that good. I used software.
  • Knowing it`s to late now, but did you try to order the stage from Kemper-Shop directly ? (Kemper-Shop states, that Stage is available within 7 work days). -> Ist jetzt sicherlich zu spät, aber hast Du versucht, den Stage direkt bei Kemper zu bestellen (dort sollte er laut Kemper-Shop innerhalb 7 Werktage verfügbar sein)

• I spoke with someone at the Kemper store last week and they said they probably wouldn’t have them for a couple of months - which is the same story I’m hearing from Sweetwater and Sam Ash. I had purchased one from Guitar Center, but apparently they don’t mind selling returns that are broken. “We can’t tell the difference in our inventory”. So I won’t go back to them. Plus, they are out of new ones too.

• I ordered mine last Sunday 16 februari from the EU Kemper Store, and it was at my doorstep in Belgium on Tuesday 18 februari. Despite the 7 days delivery time that's stated on the Kemper Store. Thomann takes about 3-4 days to get goods which are advertised as 'in stock' on my doorstep...

I remember that back when I ordered my Kemper Remote it's was the same deal, so I already suspected this would be the case....

• "Designed and engineered in Germany" is written on the package, ok. But assembled? As far as I know quality control is done in Germany. But somewhere I read that it is assembled/produced in China.

• I spoke with someone at the Kemper store last week and they said they probably wouldn’t have them for a couple of months - which is the same story I’m hearing from Sweetwater and Sam Ash. I had purchased one from Guitar Center, but apparently they don’t mind selling returns that are broken. “We can’t tell the difference in our inventory”. So I won’t go back to them. Plus, they are out of new ones too.

I got mine just under two weeks ago from Musician's Friend.

I had it on backorder with Sweetwater since December 27th. I then ended up putting out orders with Musician's Friend and Sam Ash the first week of February (there's some more details here about alleged availability that wasn't, etc.). Musician's Friend got an order of them so I ended up with one from them. Sweetwater up until that point kept think they were going to get some by the end of January with another shipment on February 6th, but then actually called me a couple days before that to say they had no idea when they were coming in because the supplies they thought they were getting weren't coming. I just went with three parallel orders and hoping multiple ones didn't ship out the same day and I had to do a return.

They're coming out in the US on occasion at the major retailers but it's unpredictable. I'd also suggest people check out the smaller retailers listed on Kemper's site and call them to see if they have them in stock. I found one place that apparently did if I hit a certain cutoff date I was going to order.

• After my ordeal with the dishonest practices at Guitar Center, I didn’t trust going through MF since they are also owned by GC. I’m not willing to accept a broken return as “new” ever again. So now it appears that I just need to be patient.

In other news... I’m very happy to hear that these are manufactured completely in Germany! I have a feeling that the Stage sales demands are way higher than forecasted and manufacturing just wasn’t geared up for this kind of crazy demand.

• In other news... I’m very happy to hear that these are manufactured completely in Germany! I have a feeling that the Stage sales demands are way higher than forecasted and manufacturing just wasn’t geared up for this kind of crazy demand.

I am sure they are, everyone always seems to be out of stock on them. They good thing about the is that it is yet another highly successful product that will fund their ability to make more improvements to the Kemper platform . I got lucky and was able to get one back in August direct from Kemper. It is even starting to curb my GAS issue for amps but there are still 3 guitars I am lusting after.

• I saw a used Stage at my local GC, priced at $1699.99. I asked the guy why it was priced so high, and he was completely clueless that the new ones are $1700. I thought it was ridiculous pricing, but if they are on a long back-order, they might be able to sell it.