Does a line 6 Variax work well into the Kemper when using the modeled guitars?

• I'd say generally yes, Gene.

I can't speak for the 1st-gen V'axes 'cause I owned one before my Kemper days. I'll say this 'though: There's a distinctive "plink" about most of the models in that original software, so for anyone who doesn't know, the gen-2 (Tyler Variax and beyond) software is way more realistic and I wouldn't consider running anything earlier than that into the Kemper; it'd be a waste of the Kemper IMHO.

• I just got a Shuriken Variax and it is cool. I may still be honeymooning about it but I love the convenience. The modeled guitars are actually pretty good and the guitar itself is pretty good. Average listener won't know the difference. The "plink" is still there but it's not so bad, although I don't play in seriously low tunings or Djent material which I think it is worse there

• Thank you all. I don't have one, so it would be the newer Tyler models I was wondering about.

Worst comes to worst, it is really fun and helpful to be able to go from E to Eb to Drop D, etc all with one click. So even if you were just learning songs at your computer, it makes that much smoother

• Live I've been using my JTV59 / Helix 1/4' out into the front 1/4" input of my Kemper for 3 years now. Using the Helix to switch tunings / guitar models on the JTV59, treating the Helix as a pedalboard going into the front of the Kemper, and using the Helix midi output to Kemper midi input to switch things on the Kemper. Works like a charm, sounds killer (and that's not just my personal opinion). I also incorporate an iPad via USB to the Helix which allows me to use the iOS app MidiGuitar2 to control iOS synths. I also trigger samples on the iPad for certain songs. All the iOS action is sent FOH via the Helix' XLR, and the Kemper is sent FOH via the Kemper XLR out. Also have a Camplifier 290 feeding a Marshall 1960A cab. But that will change once the Kemper Kabs are available. I don't think there is much I can't do with this setup. It's pretty mind-blowing really for this old man...

• Just picked up a Variax standard,2019,, It works great and having all the diff turnings make playin slide and transposing , very easy, esp with the HD workbench software,Until /If/....CK gets the pitch shift thing down, I will have to lug one around,,because it works,