master volume VS rig volume VS amp volume

• Hey guys ,

I 'm pretty confused with all these " volumes " which effect tone and which don't .

Say i play with a frfr cab and my profile is too loud . Should i maintain a louder frfr cab setting ( which sound better i think)

or which volume button should i touch first for adjusting??

thx

• Master Volume is global and controls the volumes of all linked outputs maintaining their relative volume levels. So this is the way to go, if you intend to adjust the volume across the board - not just one particular Rig.

All factory Rigs come with Rig Volume at 0.0 dB. Their Amp Volume is adjusted, so that perceived volume jumps are avoided while a user runs through the Rigs. Volume jumps would make sound comparisons impossible. To achieve equal volumes it is also important to adjust Clean Sens for the guitar you use. If you prepare a particular Rig for a guitar solo, you might want to increase its Rig Volume. If you have created your own PROFILE and have the impression, that its volume is bit low compared to other PROFILEs, you can use Amp Volume to adjust.

You might also find volumes in effects, which gives you the opportunity to adjust volumes to you needs for the active effect compared to the situation when the effect is switched off.

• In addition, any volume adjustments that occur in one of the Stomps will affect tone, similar to pushing an amp with overdrive. Volume adjustments in any Effects will not affect tone (except for enhancing the particular effect).

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer