Global Boost - "Fixed"

• Since this got a lot of response in the footswitch thread, I thought I'd open a dedicated thread for this purpose. So the options could be:

- Volume Boost
    - Gain Boost (Pre and/or post)
    - Delay (and reverb) boost
    - maybe even EQ
    - assignable to rig/bank/global

Just to be complete, as I already said in the other thread. I think a volume boost, that can be set to global is the smartest and easiest solution, that would probably make 95% percent of us happy.
    Everything else would be nice but can easily be done with the internal effects and/or a rig change.

EDIT: The feature will come, so this is not needed anymore ;)

Edited once, last by Steeldom ().

• I use a graphic eq in the X block with a slight boost on the mids and highs and a roughly 6db volume boost. I'm fine with that...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Another trick that works good, especially on high gain sounds, is to set the volume of the profile to your solo level initially, then use an effect (like the EQ) to lower the volume for rhythm. Then save the profile with the effect engaged. When the solo comes around, you disable the eq. to put the volume back at the original level.

Kind of like boosting without actually boosting. It can help on profiles that get noisy when boosted too much.

• I get a similar effect with a volume pedal being in the fx-loop of an amp. You set it, depending on how great you want the gap between rhythm and solo and heel is rhythm, tip is lead. I also have the feeling that it makes the rhythm sound a bit smoother, but that could as well be my imagination :)