Kemper alternativ

• So, the anger has passed (for now) and I am in a problem solver mode.

My Kemper is still lost in transit to Kemper HQ. (The thread here, if you've missed it: Kemper service and repair time?). In a worst case scenario, it could be lost to me for months. So I need to plan for a worst case scenario. (And really hope for the best!) ?(

What are you doing for Kemper backups? It looks like I can borrow an Axe-Fx II to finish of recording some songs. But what about live? My pedalboard and remote is totally useless without the Kemper. Nevermind a total replacement for the performances (and my custom harmony-patches with my own programmed scales), I need something that is somewhat cheap but sound great. It needs to at least have some FX built in: Preferably something with delays like Kemper, chorus, and reverbs ala Kemper (not exactly the same, but it needs to be "vibey"). Easy feat huh? ^^

What should I check out?

• I have two Kemper Stage units for live. Using one of them in the studio too.

Thinking of getting a regular Kemper Profiler to just leave in the studio control room and keep the live and studio stuff separate.

• I have two Kemper Stage units for live. Using one of them in the studio too.

Thinking of getting a regular Kemper Profiler to just leave in the studio control room and keep the live and studio stuff separate.

As much as a second Kemper is tempting, I don’t think that is viable for me. Financially too. I mean, one Kemper would only ever be used if the other fail (or is lost). :S

• The Mooer multifx pedals (ge150 ge200 ge250, ge300) are wothwhile options to consider. I've been lusting after a ge200 for a while now; sounds great on youtube demos. The IR loading is a big plus. I'm not sure what their pitch fx is like though.

• Mooer Micro Preamp Live + Line6 HX FX

or

Line6 HX Stomp

or

Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200 Floor

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• Have a KPA Rack now- Id like to get a "Stage" but just cant justify it only playing at the house. Plus I also own a Helix rack and Controller.

So Im kinda saving now for pair of Kemper Kone Speakers. 8)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• The Mooer multifx pedals (ge150 ge200 ge250, ge300) are wothwhile options to consider. I've been lusting after a ge200 for a while now; sounds great on youtube demos. The IR loading is a big plus. I'm not sure what their pitch fx is like though.

Nice! Thanks for the tip. And the price is right too. 8)

• Have a KPA Rack now- Id like to get a "Stage" but just cant justify it only playing at the house. Plus I also own a Helix rack and Controller.

So Im kinda saving now for pair of Kemper Kone Speakers. 8)

Yeah, I feel the same. I can only play one Kemper at a time. But I din’t have an Helix though. ;)

There IS no alternative ?. But the Helix from Line 6 seems a decent option for less money.

it’s funny ‘cause it’s true. ^^ I’m not looking for a Kemper replacement though. Just a stand-in.

• I have the TH-U. Don’t buy it. It’s not good. I’ve used it since it was TH-3. That’s just my opinion though. I’ve tried for years to get a good tone, but I’ve failed in the attempt for years now.

• I found my Kemper alternativ. And it’s a ... used Kemper. Tadaaa. So, anti-climax perhaps. But thank you for all the great tips!

This turned up just as I sold of some other stuff. A new Kemper was out of reach, but a used one was not. Lucky, huh. Perhaps the guardian angel of tone (tm) is watching over me after all? :saint:

Pic, or it didn’t happen:

Strange how the same device feels kinda alien at first. The knobs feel a little different when pushing and twisting etc. It’s used, so it kinda not feels like my own Kemper just yet.

Oh, and my OG toaster is white. I still prefer white. ;)

• HX Stomp is portable enough to carry as a backup, although the Kemper never had an issue. You have limited slots available, but great tones if you find the right IRs.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7