Rig Manager deleting profiles if it loses connection to Kemper

• Hi,

Noticed the other day that some profiles were missing from a folder of "favourites" that I was compiling on Rig Manager. Then realised a few were missing from various other folders containing commercial packs I'd purchased... =O Luckily I'd recently backed up RM content, so was able to restore this (plus of course have commercial profiles-packs stored elsewhere also) - but then the next day, I was keeping an eye on numbers of profiles in each folder, and noticed some started going missing again... :/

Figured out what's causing this, I think... I'm running Rig Manager from a laptop, which was set to "sleep" after 20mins inactivity (i.e. if I auditioned a profile I particularly liked, and just kept playing it for ages!) - I'd noticed previously, that if this happened, connection to Kemper was lost, and could no longer audition rigs until I'd turned both Kemper and laptop off and on again. So this happened again yesterday, and once I reconnected, saw that more profiles (about a dozen) were missing from the folder I'd been auditioning from.

OK, from now on, will set the laptop to "never sleep" - but it's a bit disconcerting - have spent ages organising folders/favs, and if a few go missing here and there, it's not always easy to spot this! Also, as I've noticed missing profiles from many folders now, I can't be sure it's just the laptop "going to sleep" that's causing this. And is it specifically the laptop "going to sleep" that's the problem, or could losing connection for any other reason also cause this?

Mainly just wanted to report this as a problem, but is there any advice on exactly what's going on here, and how to avoid this (other than trying to make sure it doesn't lose connection while auditioning)?

Also, is there a recommended way to disconnect the Kemper from the Rig Manager? Like how you can "eject" an external drive? I've just been disconnecting the USB cable so far.

Thanks!

• Did you try restoring from your backup (that you made RIGHT BEFORE the update)?

My post has nothing to do with the update that's just come out - posted this before was even aware there was an update.

But, as said above: "Luckily I'd recently backed up RM content, so was able to restore this"

The question is, why has it been deleting profiles, and how to avoid this in the future? Also, is there a recommended procedure for disconnecting Kemper from RM?