5 tips How to make Helix or Kemper feel like the real thing

• Hi everyone,

what are you thinking about the video from Rhet Shull?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It might be right for the Helix but I don't agree with him relating the kemper.:rolleyes:

Cyrus

• I like Rhett. He is a great guy, very tasteful and with a lot of knowledge around that stuff. And I like how he explains the things.

His hints are fine to me in order to achieve the last 10% I'd say. Good food for thoughts and as he states already: One way is not necessarily better than another. I like the Low-pass/high-pass/EQ/compression and soft clipping tipps. Just remember to do this subtle and not dramatically.

Regarding the placement of effects: I'd say it depends where you are coming from. Pedal-board guys with all the stuff in front of the amp might benefit a lot of Rhett's ideas here whereas for instance myself, coming from ENGL Rackhead with all the time based effects in the effects loop, i.e. after the main drive sections, might feel different about it. But his examples are good and call for a try. Trust your ears and don't let anybody tell you that there's only one way to a great sound :thumbup:8)

• Low- and highpassing and compression is a good tip but I think that is allready done at the profiling stage. Btw I don't now where I could do the high- and low-pass in the Kemper.

• Low- and highpassing and compression is a good tip but I think that is allready done at the profiling stage. Btw I don't now where I could do the high- and low-pass in the Kemper.

You can find HPF and LPF in the studio EQ.
    Kemper team is working on them to be put into the output section on a future revision.