Please help - first time connecting Kemper and camplifier 290 to cab

• Firstly, I have read the manual and other posts but I’m still stuck.

Recently I purchased a Kemper with a camplifier 290. This morning was the first time I tried to connect to a cab. I’ve tried both from monitor and main outs, I’ve checked that the kemper is set to master mono. I get nothing but the sounds of silence.

Is there something obvious to check?

Any help would save my day:)

• Have you checked the output volumes? Go to the Output section by pressing the button long and check if the Master volume knob is associated to the outputs and make sure that is not the volume turned down in other case.

Cable okay? Tried another one?

• You have the Kemper outputs connected to the camplifier inputs, then the camplifier speaker out to cabinet? And just to check, you have power to the camplifier? I don't think it's powered by the Kemper.

• Thanks for responding. I’ve got power to both and it’s connected as you described. I’ve tried it with the monitor out too.

volume levels all good too.

The guy who I bought it off has just messaged to say it works fine. I’m obviously being stupid but I’m too stupid to figure out why!

• Sorted! I couldn’t believe it was the speaker cable, the one I bought today. I changed everything but that.

btw first impressions...90w didn’t seem loud enough to play with a drummer. I put it in bridge mode - 180w - and that had plenty of power. I’ll spend longer with it than 5 minutes tomorrow. Thanks

• Sorted! I couldn’t believe it was the speaker cable, the one I bought today. I changed everything but that.

btw first impressions...90w didn’t seem loud enough to play with a drummer. I put it in bridge mode - 180w - and that had plenty of power. I’ll spend longer with it than 5 minutes tomorrow. Thanks

How many ohms is your cab? I have the same Camplifier 290 and agree the 90w is not enough.

• 16ohms orange 1x12.

It’s left over from my old setup, I’m waiting to get the Kab. It did make me think the stereo Kab option may be worth a rethink.

How do you find the 290?

• 16ohms orange 1x12.

It’s left over from my old setup, I’m waiting to get the Kab. It did make me think the stereo Kab option may be worth a rethink.

How do you find the 290?

Haven't used it much yet. I need to try my 16ohm 2x12. Maybe wire it for 4ohm. I have a couple of 8ohm cabs and they aren't loud enough at 90 watts or bridged. Maybe it's an efficiency thing.

I'm hoping the 4ohm Kabinet/Kone will do the trick, then I can run stereo with the Camplifier. If not I'll spring for a SD Powerstage 700.