Braided Ethernet cable for remote

• Hi is there a remote cable product out there that looks and feels like a guitar instrument cable that is braided cloth. That would be amazing. I find the stock remote cable is way to stiff and long for my application. Thank you.

• I'm now on my second stock one that powers the remote. The Neutrik connection is great but the plastic :thumbdown: one that connects to the Kemper doesn't make good contact anymore .....

Are ones available with Neutrik connectors on both ends ? A more flexible cable:thumbup: would be a bonus, too ....

• That one will work for me, I have a patch panel with an ethercon passthrough for my rack.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Just been testing my connection again and it seems the latching mechanism of the KPA socket is the culprit and not the plastic connector.

Will have to find a new socket.

Still, it would have been better if the Kemper socket was designed to accept a Neutrik - like the remote already has.

• I suggest, not to completely ignore the following hints in the manual. Electrical resistance of the connection is critical to ensure sufficient powering of the Remote - under all conditions. And obviously additional patch cables and rack panel sockets add resistance.

Cabling

The PROFILER and PROFILER Remote communicate with each other via an ethernet cable. The cable included in the PROFILER Remote package with its Neutrik® etherCON® cable connector carrier has been carefully selected and is perfectly suited for this purpose. If you decide to use any 3rd party cable, please make sure it meets our quality standards.

The diameter of the wire is the critical factor. The cable delivered with the Remote meets American Wire Gauge 24 (AWG), which can support up to 7.5m (22ft) length. AWG 26 cables have a smaller diameter and can only support up to 5m (15ft). Cables with higher AWG e. g. AWG 28 should not be used with the Remote.

Cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Ethernet Injector (PoE Injector).

• That little bit of extra resistance would probably have prevented the jack on his KPA from having the known issue of becoming faulty. My understanding is that the jack is physically connected to a circuit board, which means it can't be repaired after market. Correct?

• That little bit of extra resistance would probably have prevented the jack on his KPA from having the known issue of becoming faulty. My understanding is that the jack is physically connected to a circuit board, which means it can't be repaired after market. Correct?

I assume that you mean that for a KPA that is out of warranty, you could replace the Ethernet socket part on the Kemper if it got broken? If so, then, yes, you could have it replaced even though it is physically connected to the circuit board..... unless Kemper has put epoxy potting on the part or a strong glue. These techniques are sometimes used for highly stressed components on a board.

• just a quick update - something funny with both of the ones I ordered, the remote powers off randomly. I suspect the cable isn't of high enough quality. So don't buy. :D

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Haven't seen a braided one, but this cable has been used by many of us, it's soft like a mic cable and has an upgraded tab on the RJ45 side that doesn't break off:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…o_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

I purchased recently to upgrade my cable. Find out it has some play where it connects to the head, causing to lose power and shut off the remote. Returned it. Going to bite the bullet and get the british audio version. Can't find a "kemper" cable online.