[PROBLEM or Normal?] Kemper Profiler Stage output noise...

• WITHOUT even plugging my guitar in (my input signal is totally silent), the output is going bonkers with signal from these hisses and hums and low growls. And its loud. I've noticed the signal goes very silent if you turn the amp module to "off" Its also more super noisy if its a high gain rig.

On the other hand, if I'm playing a clean rig, I get crackling noise that is added on top of my signal. Sounds like 4-bit audio. For this ive tried changing my cables, guitar, even putting the looper location to input and then have a riff play and I unplug from the device, and still the crackling is there.

And this is happening with ALL rigs. Even the good ones from ToneJunkie, so I definitely feel like its the Kemper creating this random noise.

Anyone having this issue? Did you solve it and how? Is this normal (I really hope not)?

I'm on the latest OS

• With all due respect, and while I understand your frustration at the moment, posting the same content again and again is tiresome and doesn’t help anybody.

By definition this is trolling so please stop it.

• Welcome Victor,

despite what others say the Stage is a great machine.

I'm sorry you have issues.

Please contact support to work with you.

• My Stage does not make any noise. High gain amps might be noisy but that’s because they are in real life too.

Your extra “crackling” noise can be many things. Bad power, instrument issues, cables, something not quite plugged in, speakers, running speakers too hot, computer, interface, lights.... on and on.
    It might be your Kemper but you need to check everything else first. Maybe even try your unit some place else.

• With all due respect, and while I understand your frustration at the moment, posting the same content again and again is tiresome and doesn’t help anybody.

By definition this is trolling so please stop it.

Okay, yes, I will try to answer objective, without exposing all my problems with this Kemper Stage. I will go the legal way.

In other words, there are users who face the same problem or similar problems.

Someone asked, I answered, with all respect, is there anything to hide?

• Okay, yes, I will try to answer objective, without exposing all my problems with this Kemper Stage. I will go the legal way.

We’ll, no, there is nothing to hide, and yes, I know you have issues, as well as the other user.

But users with issues should be encouraged to contact support ASAP.

They (support) working very hard to solve any problem that may occur.

I know, I've been playing Profilers (of any form factor, Head, Powerhead, Powerrack, Stage) for 8 years now. ;)

• Okay, yes, I will try to answer objective, without exposing all my problems with this Kemper Stage. I will go the legal way.

Is there something to hide? You seem to think so and no one is going to convince you of anything else.

You also didn't even attempt to answer his question. You simply trolled with a copy & paste of comments you made several days ago.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Sorry for too much information. Watch and listen the 2 videos ( NOISE BUZZ 1, NOISE BUZZ 2) and you can see what I'm facing. Maybe it helps you!

https://drive.google.com/drive…g15CuOETOJNfqKebw0v0KsaXH

• How do you have the Noise Gate set? I have found that the profiles with high gain characteristics often have a lot of noise due to the compression effect of high preamp gain setting, just like the real amps do. The Noise Gate solved this for me. Good luck!

• Sorry for too much information. Watch and listen the 2 videos ( NOISE BUZZ 1, NOISE BUZZ 2) and you can see what I'm facing. Maybe it helps you!

https://drive.google.com/drive…g15CuOETOJNfqKebw0v0KsaXH

This sounds to me like a hardware problem coming from a switched-mode power supply.

Did you send this Video to Kemper Support ?

I don't want to suspect anyone,
    but is it possible that there are a few retailers who simply send defective devices to the next customer
    instead of sending them back to Kemper?

Is it possible to find out something like that? e.g. with the serial number?

Be the force with you ;)

• There is a known issue in the first batches of Stage that were released, something related to grounding problems. Check if touching the shell in the cable does anything with the sound, or if touching the chasis changes the hum, if so, the problem is a grounding problem and I am pretty sure kemper will exchange your unit. If not, then we can help you with the diagnosis, maybe a video will do wonders for that.

The answer is 42

• I'm going to make this extremely detailed because hopefully this helps someone else out if you're having the same problem or if you had the same problem please tell me how you got it fixed.

Here is a link to what I'm getting, and this is my problem with every rig in the Kemper: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0f…cFjy44zKP01omhbxNvFa?dl=0

Problem in a nutshell: The clean rigs (every clean rig) are saturated by some sort of extreme crackle and static. The high gain rig's (every high gain rig) natural "amp hum" is WAY too loud and sporadic and random-sounding (The 'amp hum' volume is almost the same as my guitar input volume!).

My Kemper is about 2 weeks old

I'm on the latest hardware

The problem has gotten worse with time and recently my Kemper crashed, gave me an error message, and then rebooted itself. That's in the link as well...anyone else ever had that?

Okay the problem is still there but let me update my troubleshooting.

1. Tested the different inputs (Input and Return 1)...nothing changed no solution

2. Tested different speakers, different speaker cables...nothing changed no solution

3. Tested all different Outputs (-Main OUT L & R, stereo and mono, grounded and lifted- -Main OUT XLR L & R, stereo and mono, grounded and lifted- -Monitor OUT L &R, stereo and mono, grounded and lifted- -headphones OUT-) nothing changed no solution

4. Tested different guitars on the Kemper and my other pedal boards. All the guitars work perfectly on other pedal boards. Thus, assuming the guitars work perfectly, Guitars and guitar cables got ruled out

5. Tested different power outlets and Isolating it in an empty room. No other electrical device even in the room. Tested this with the headphones out. Still heard crackling. Nothing changed no solution

6. Tested power chords and other ground thingys. Nothing changed no solution

7. Loaded literally every preset profile in the Kemper and hear crackling or the insane amount of "amp" hum

8. Total factory reset and format and nothing changed no solution

9. Appropriately set the input noise gate for the hum of my guitar, but we can tell that is not guitar hum. Plus the guitars are silent through my other toys and effects

Can anyone think of anything else or fixed this somehow? ...Or is it time to send the Kemper to support?

Thanks for reading all this btw

• There is a known issue in the first batches of Stage that were released, something related to grounding problems. Check if touching the shell in the cable does anything with the sound, or if touching the chasis changes the hum, if so, the problem is a grounding problem and I am pretty sure kemper will exchange your unit. If not, then we can help you with the diagnosis, maybe a video will do wonders for that.

check out my link from comment #12 please

• Hi, thank you for the replay.

1. I bought it from Romania, Europe, McMusic, an authorized Kemepr dealer. They, McMusic explained to me that they are not allowed to intervene in the repair process. The product is sent directly to Kemper Service, which they also did. It's some kind of Apple service. https://www.mcmusic.ro/amplifi…age-profiler-chitara.html

2. ANPC is in charge of consumer protection in Romania, https://anpc.ro/ or http://www.eccromania.ro/language/en/home/

3. The product has been accepted as warranty and I have notified both of them McMusic and Kemper, with the following tickets Ticket ## KA00183244 Ticket ## KA00184083 Ticket ## KA00184493 Ticket ## KA00184556 Ticket ## KA00184481.

The problem is that Kemper Stage unit returned from the Kemper service, with even more problems, it is the same unit, it was not meant to be replaced. Although in the mail Kemper Service exactly said, that it will be replaced. Isn't it normal for me to be suspicious and not understand anything in this whole story?

4. The Kemper service, in my opinion, is trying to mask this error. Initially they said that the unit will be replaced, then that I received another new unit with defect (totally untrue), then that the Romanian Dealer confused the units, and in fact I had to receive the repaired product, but I received a new unit.

In the end Kemper Service understood that I received EXACTLY what they sent, the same unit with the same serial, repaired but with more problems. Now, they have no answer.

I sent the unit back into service. I will come back with news, as soon as I receive the unit from the repair or who knows, maybe a new one.

Thank you!

• Again you hijack a thread that is not your own and post information twice, in an inappropriate place! Please stop it and stay to your own thread.

thanks!

• Again you hijack a thread that is not your own and post information twice, in an inappropriate place! Please stop it and stay to your own thread.

thanks!

Ingolf, I understand your frustration and your attempts to stop me from writing a simple truth.

I answered briefly and to the object to users who have the same problems as me.

You tell me I'm a troll ?!?, you don't want to write anything, after all what's the problem?

This forum is not meant to help us?

I repeat, I do not want to get into controversy with you.

Have a nice day! :*

• Ok, now to your issue, what you hear sounds like a damaged input transistor or opamp, I know that from working with audio far too much, it seems your processing line is damaged somehow, The problem is electric, with a simple ground problem, it would be only a 60Hz hum or some craclick while playing, but your crackling comes from the noise floor.

Open a ticket as soon as possible, send the audios to kemper support through mail. Sorry to bear bad news :/ to be honest, there has been more issues with the stage than ever were with the other units, I believe some of the design compromises to encapsulate all the components in a tight space is responsible for most of the problems. But who knows...

The answer is 42