Acoustic Simulation

• Any idea when this will become available?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Have a listen here. Christoff says that the update is coming soon...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wow 7.5!, Why the h@ll are they allowing demos at this time. I'm looking forward to this feature.

Hello RobT,

I am not sure where CelticGibson got that piece of info. (i.e., Acoustic Sim will be released in "OS 7.5"). However, please keep in mind that this has absolutely no bearing to the future release date of a notional "OS 7.5"...nor, should one presume there will be multiple OS updates between the current OS and "OS 7.5". In other words, there might be multiple OS updates between current OS 7.1.19 and OS 7.5, or none at all. That is to say, it is possible that Kemper could deem the next update to have enough new features (rather than just bug fixes) to warrant a jump to a "7.5" designation.

See attached history of KPA OS updates from the latest Addendum manual. Note the jump from 5.1 to 5.5, as one specific example of what I am talking about:

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/uMb9WB8.png]

• Wow 7.5!, Why the h@ll are they allowing demos at this time. I'm looking forward to this feature.

People rant when Kemper don't discuss their plans and assume that the device is at the end of it's development. When they announce them, people rant that the wait is too long.

What we have as a released OS, was available to all of us as a beta for a month or two. Before that, it was available to beta testers, sworn to secrecy. Before that, it was available to employees for development. So there's a significant amount of time required before we get our hands on it and that brings it back to my first sentence....

• I’ve only heard a few excerpts from NAMM (I think it was). I’m not particularly exited for this and I don’t know why people are. I think it sounds like the acoustic sim pedals already out there. And there are no good acoustic sim pedals as of yet. They sound very fake IMHO. Maybe I’m wrong.

• I'm not ranting about this upcoming feature. I was surprised the demo was posted to public bbs and yet it seemed to be from this discussion a ways from release. BTW, I've owned my Kemper since March 2012 and very pleased with the progress over the years and the fact that new features are forthcoming. And as far as my uses go, Kemper version 1 development could end tomorrow and I wouldn't be upset in the least. Now Avid ditching the 11 Rack shortly after I purchased was another kettle of fish.

Edited 2 times, last by RobT ().

• I’ve only heard a few excerpts from NAMM (I think it was). I’m not particularly exited for this and I don’t know why people are. I think it sounds like the acoustic sim pedals already out there. And there are no good acoustic sim pedals as of yet. They sound very fake IMHO. Maybe I’m wrong.

Sounds like the best electric to acoustic sim I have heard. Check the video below:

External Content www.youtube.com

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Be good if you could tweak it into Nashville tuning, although not convinced about it as it is.

There are acoustic IR's that you could probably load into the Kemper with the new editor, some are for electro-acoustics but may be cool with an electric?

• Be good if you could tweak it into Nashville tuning, although not convinced about it as it is.

There are acoustic IR's that you could probably load into the Kemper with the new editor, some are for electro-acoustics but may be cool with an electric?

Or a 12 String Sim would be cool

• No one expects the acoustic sims to replace your fav Martin, but based upon the demos, that would be very useful for me for the occasional intro or interlude...I really want this!!

• No one expects the acoustic sims to replace your fav Martin, but based upon the demos, that would be very useful for me for the occasional intro or interlude...I really want this!!

I would not expect it to replace any nice acoustic out there. For me this is perfect because sometimes I want that tone but I sold my Taylor last year. If I had the cash to replace the Taylor I would likely just buy another Les Paul or PRS SC model.

It would IMHO be a great feature for rehearsals etc. To me the portability factor of the KPA is hugely important. Say I've got a rehearsal with a band I only play once with, and they want me to do some acoustic songs but mostly electrics, I can just use my electric through the KPA for that during the rehearsals and use a real acoustic during the actual gig. It would maintain my one-walk-to-the-car rule and that would be a big plus for me.

• I think it sounds great from these videos, perhaps as good as a PRS P22 (or similar piezo equipped guitar). I'm not familiar with the implementation, but if we could blend the acoustic with a clean electric sound that would be great for jazz. Is it an effect plug-in? With the Kone coming, if this could be output in FR while blended with a clean tube amp sound through a speaker imprint, that would be nice. Maybe that's the plan?