Why can't rig manager and profiler work correctly

• I have owned a power head for a couple months now. I have spent COUNTLESS hours on work arounds. I just updated to the finally released non-beta rig manager with editor and new OS. Now I seem to have to learn NEW bug work arounds. Is this really the way the Kemper works?

I want to edit performances. I am a professional player and wanted this solution (kemper) to make my life EASIER....... Please Kemper, get it together or I will go back to my old 50 year old marshall. It has never been this much hassle!

Is there someone I can call to get help? This is getting embarrassing for Kemper-amps.

now all the rigs in my best and most used performance all the slots are back to "Crunch"

I am close to done with this. It has also rearranged quite a few slots in performances that had different amps in them.

Rich Morpurgo

• For me it works within my work flow. So for me it works fine. I do not have the same issues as you do. I do not want to minimize your concerns but for some it’s fine. Different OS and work no doubt a pita for the kemper team. Be descriptive as you can and hopefully we will all enjoy what is offered.
    better than you had but still needs work....

• Just like to confirm that I too have problems with Rig Manager and performances. I had hoped that the latest release would resolve the issues. Performances either disappear or are reorganised with the wrong names in the wrong slots and of course the otherwise interesting profile Crunch turns up unwanted.

I think this is something 'baked-in' to RM since it has been the same since I first got the profiler some years ago.

Strangely, following an update of both RM and OS yesterday I prepared a new performance, stored it, then RM lost it along with all my other performances, then after 20 minutes of searching and foul language, it just appeared.

So far the editor looks great to me and is an excellent tool. It just about compensates for my troubles with performances but please get this fixed Kemper. The ship is spoiled for a hapeth of tar.

• Strangely, following an update of both RM and OS yesterday I prepared a new performance, stored it, then RM lost it along with all my other performances, then after 20 minutes of searching and foul language, it just appeared.

out of curiosity, what do you mean by "after 20 minutes of searching and foul language, it just appeared".

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I went back and forth between browser and performance in RM and on the Kemper and via the floorboard looking for my performances and they were all gone or scrambled. Then they just appeared. I can't describe it better than that. They were lost and then were found.

• I went back and forth between browser and performance in RM and on the Kemper and via the floorboard looking for my performances and they were all gone or scrambled. Then they just appeared. I can't describe it better than that. They were lost and then were found.

This has happened to me to. I thought I was nuts.

• I've had many similar problems related to editing performances in Rig Manager. I finally just gave up on the software for awhile, fearful of unintentionally corrupting my performances and rigs. When I saw that the latest firmware release was primarily aimed at addressing sync issues, however, I decided to give it another try. So far, so good.

• And even after several updates, when I rename a slot in Rig Manager, it just will NOT save to the profiler. So there I am, down on my aging knees turning the knobs on the Kemper Stage.....

• And even after several updates, when I rename a slot in Rig Manager, it just will NOT save to the profiler. So there I am, down on my aging knees turning the knobs on the Kemper Stage.....

I have re-naming problems since years, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. A few minutes ago I've tried to rename some rigs from my profiling session yesterday and on some rigs it seems that the name was set back to the original one. After some minutes I was so confused that I've restored the latest backup I've made in the morning.
    But... my workaround for naming is, that you can hook up an USB keyboard to the Kemper and do the naming on the device with it without the need of fiddling with the knobs.

@G String : because I could reproduce the actual behaviour I've send the support team a message with the informations about this. In short: If I try to rename a rig which is actually selected in the RM and than switch to another rig, the edited name is resetted to the original one.

Edited once, last by Navar ().

• I just gave up on Rig Manager 3 today. I was so excited about using it too. Trying to record demo's and setting up performances while I'm at it so I remember everything I used for the Demo.

Whether I'm looking at Local or Profiler, performance editing is soooo buggy. If you edit the settings, say your gain and then move slot around. The settings seem to stay in the slot and not move with the Rig. The next rig you put in that slot inherits the settings of the old one. And its intermittent. I did a simple copy of a rig from one performance to a new performance and empty slot, and the settings automatically changed. Suddenly the gain setting was 5 instead of 1.6. I don't get it. I give up.

I will make all edits/changes on the front panel. Even changing the RIG name in the performance slot doesn't work properly. At least in the last version that worked.

So disappointing. I have managed SW/FW departments and this level of PRIMARY function bugs is unacceptable. Its impossible that these bugs were not known before release.

• Similar experience here. RM3 is great for browsing rigs and tweaking, though. Performance management is totally messed up and endless source of frustration for me so I gave up on it as well and I'm using the Toaster for this in meantime (while still waiting for more mature version of RM).

• Thanks guys...I like to know it's not just me. My "real" job entails working with a huge system for pre-employment screening, and I am forever dealing with people who simply do not take the time to learn what they need to operate it, and start whining that "the damned thing doesn't work!" I don't wanna be one of those people! I always assume that it is a problem with me, something I am not doing or doing incorrectly. While I hate the fact that it does not work correctly, at least I'm not changing my name to Stu Pitt!