Will any software, for either the Stage or the Rig Manager EVER actually update via the link?

• My Rig Manager Beta 3.0.94 tells me it will expire in 27 days and asks if I want to upgrade now. I click "upgrade". It supposedly downloads the update and then shuts down. There is no download and when I reopen Rig manager, it's still 3.0.94 and I'm again prompted to upgrade. I have done this several times. Now I'm just going to the downloads page to do it manually. Just like every OS update that NEVER actually updates through Rig Manager, it just behaves the same way. How is a company capable of creating such brilliant equipment and software so incapable of making something this simple work?

• The automatic update of Rig Manager 3 has been activated last week. Now Rig Manager 3 updates itself as well as the PROFILER OS. Our current RM version is 3.0.100 release and OS is 7.0.19 release. Since then the automatic update has been successfully practiced by thousands of users.

• The automatic update of Rig Manager 3 has been activated last week. Now Rig Manager 3 updates itself as well as the PROFILER OS. Our current RM version is 3.0.100 release and OS is 7.0.19 release. Since then the automatic update has been successfully practiced by thousands of users.

Well, I'm currently running 7.1.19 on my stage and the Rig Manager is 3.0.100. My Rig Manager gave me a popup saying 7.1.21 was available and asked if I wanted to update? I chose yes. The progress bar ran from 0 - 100% as always...and nothing happened. I clicked check for software updates again and got the same popup. Did the same thing. Installing via flash drive.

• I would advice to stick with the release versions, if you want to have the least problems as possible. As Burkhard said, the release version is a few below the version you installed. Especially as one who plays the guitar professionally and has to live from gigs an studio recordings, you would want a stable setup. The release versions always update without any problems, at least in my case. And I bought my Kemper back in 2012.

Edit: in the settings of rig manager, it's possible to switch between release and beta-versions. It will then only notify you of an update, if the new release version is available.

• OS 7.1.21 is already a release. And there could be a 7.1.22 release soon. We sometimes declare a new revision a release right from the beginning, if we think it's introducing significant improvements at practically no risk. Sometimes things are moving fast …..

• These are release versions. They weren't updating before I tried Beta, they didn't update with Beta, and when I manually installed the release versions, they didn't update them either. Now there's ANOTHER update. I'll see if that updates via usb, but I'm not holding my breath.

• OS 7.1.21 is already a release. And there could be a 7.1.22 release soon. We sometimes declare a new revision a release right from the beginning, if we think it's introducing significant improvements at practically no risk. Sometimes things are moving fast …..

Is KAOS 7.1.5 the latest possible version for those running W7?

Thanks

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• If you want to use Rig Manager, yes.

We published Rig Manager 3 at a time the support for Windows 7 had already been stopped by Microsoft.

Thanks Burhakrd, I had read time ago that RM would nevertheless work with W7 but w/o the Editor section. Have things changed during development of was that just rumours?

Still chasing a worthy one :/