Using Studio EQ (or what else) to cut down too trebly profiles

• I'm kind of dummy when trying to do settings with Studio equalizer. I have some Marshall not high gain profile I like, but I find it sounds way too trebly. So I'm looking for tweaks to cut them down and thought, Studio equalizer would be the way. But what would be the right settings on it?

• I would go with the Graphic Equalizer. By exaggerating each frequency (all the way up/down) you can get a feel for what that range is in your mix, then set it to a point that feels right to you. IMO, you get best results by slightly cutting frequencies rather than boosting others. However, there are many other users here with WAY more experience at this than I have :)

Edit: Also, there have been times when a rig just needed a different cab ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Maybe in the next future there won't be no Need for an equalization. CK announced, that together with the imprints Hi- and Low-Cut for the Output-section will come in one of the next OS-updates.

• Also try the Definition parameter from the amp menu and the good old Treble and Presence from the amp EQ.

Good point! If the Definition is pegged that would make a difference. Also check to make sure that the Cab settings weren't skewed.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer