Expression pedal integrated in the foot controller

• Am I the only one who'd like to have an expression pedal integrated in the future foot controller?
    Someone proposed two pedals, but for me the best would be one pedal with double function Volume-Wha (like in the Line6 X3 Live).

• I'd love even two (just like my old Vox ToneLab) since I almost always end by having 1 for the Volume at any time, and another 1 for an "FX" that often is a Wah.

So one expression pedal would be already great (let's say for my volume).

My 2 cents,
    Phil

• the reasoning behind a foot controller without an expression pedal is:

- many players have already found their favourite expression pedal
    - guitarists are very picky about how a pedal should work and feel (see above)
    - some players use their right foot, some their left

the last one isn't really a matter of choice. try using the 'wrong' foot with a wah or similar. not only will will your performance be most likely all over the place, you might also fall over. ;)

the last one isn't really a matter of choice. try using the 'wrong' foot with a wah or similar. not only will will your performance be most likely all over the place, you might also fall over. ;)

I think that your three points are the reasons because you can add external expression pedals in almost every foot controller, but one integrated I think would be really appreciated by most players...

• I had an Idea for the Pedal-Problem and posted it along with some other Ideas in the "The Kemper Foot Controller: A Proposal" Thread (Post #107). No one answered to it. Maybe no one likes my idea or no one read my post. Don't know.

This Thread might be a better place for this idea, so heres what i wrote:

-Additional Switches/Pedals
    Some need them, some not and some of us need as many as they can get…
    Of course, you can’t build 50 different versions of the kemper switch, but why not a
    modular system?
    Build the “Main Footswitch” as in the layout, maybe even with 2 or 3 buttons less BUT
    also build extension that you can (mechanicaly) connect to the Main Footswitch,
    I mean in the way can combine several Boss FS-5U (and other) Switches.

So the ones who don’t need many switches and no pedals would be happy as it is and all the
    others buy extensions that can be mounted easily, without any tools at the side.
    So you have ONE Floor Board with Pedal(s) or additional Switches. It must be
    build in a way that the connection between the “Main”Foot controller and the
    extensions is easy to do and the whole board is not “wobbly”on the floor. But
    hey, some people walked on the Moon 40 years ago, this is a forum for a unit
    that is able to profile Tube Amps and all what this is about is simple Mechanic…

About the problems 01000100 mentioned:

the reasoning behind a foot controller without an expression pedal is:

1&2: There are people that have already found an Pedal that is (for them) better than any pedal that will ever be build. As well as there are People that have already found the perfect guitar, amp, modeler, pick, effect, foot controler.... So why to produce a foot controller at all? There are people that don't want to buy it. :huh: (as well as people that don't buy it BECAUSE it hase no Pedal). With my idea, all people can be happy. The ones that want to use existing Pedals and the ones who want to have a Kemper Pedal in their Kemper Foot Controller.

3: No Problem with my idea. Attach it at the right or left side as you prefer.

• i like the idea, had a similar proposal mid march, but just a short hint on the modular approach, i have to admit. comments were denied here as well... ;)

The Kemper Foot Controller: What's important to you? post 32.

• I like your ideas... I just don't like the idea that after I buy a dedicated foot controller I have to buy other stuff and connect other cables just to make a simple fade in/out...

I agree, no foot pedal.
    I have 6, and would like the controller to be compact.
    I don't want another FC-300 tank!

Amen!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• yes. a modular system means to pay for (at least) 2 items if you want a pedal. but it seems that Kemper doesn't want to make a controller including a pedal. And this means you need to get a pedal. so why not a kemper one, that you can attach to the controller?
    I don't see any disadvantages.

would like to get a comment from ck on this topic.

• I really hate cables around my FC. The less the better. So, a modular system would be perfect. If you need you can attach one or two pedals on the left or the right of the board without additional cabels.

Would be perfect and a solution for everybody. Even if a little more expensive.

It`s perfect for everyone !!!!!