Tc mimiq doubler

• I have a really simple midi thru box. You can probably find something on ebay for next to nothing. Maybe if you are daisy chaining the Kempers it causes the latency on the 2nd unit.

So how do you control them? Are you controlling both units with one Kemper footswitch? Can you explain how you’ve got them all connected? Are you still able to use expression pedals with this setup? I basically want to have two Kempers with the exact same settings. Plug my guitar into my Mimic pedal and take the left out from the pedal and send it to one Kemper and the right out to the other. Then when I hit my Kemper footswitch, have both Kemper’s change normally.

• OhG, are you using Performance mode? Evidently there's a bit less delay on the rig changes since the rigs in the performance are preloaded.

Yes. This is for live use purposes. Even when I’m changing between rigs in the same performance there is a lag between when I hit the footswitch and when the second Kemper actually changes.

• So how do you control them? Are you controlling both units with one Kemper footswitch? Can you explain how you’ve got them all connected? Are you still able to use expression pedals with this setup? I basically want to have two Kempers with the exact same settings. Plug my guitar into my Mimic pedal and take the left out from the pedal and send it to one Kemper and the right out to the other. Then when I hit my Kemper footswitch, have both Kemper’s change normally.

We have a computer changing patches live and just use the midi thru to send to both guitar setups. There are no controllers, but both units change in sync.

I use this thru box with plenty of outputs, which changes the keyboards too:

https://en.audiofanzine.com/mi…I-Thru-Unit/user_reviews/

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Ahhh. That's why it works (you're not using a foot controller). From what I've seen, there is no way to use 2 Kempers and 1 Kemper Controller to get both Kempers to switch at the same time (or relatively simultaneously).

I would have thought a midi program change is the same, whether it comes from a computer or a foot controller. I have never used the Kemper controller though, as I have an old Boss FC50.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7