Tap-LED to actually blink in time?

• I think it's not possible to blink in time, because of the hardware construction.
    It seams to be that the LED are multiplexed or in a SPI/I2C (APA-106 or WS28xx or PL9823) serial chain.

So please Kemper stop blinking if you can't do it right.

It looks cheap.

Maybe use the LCD Backlight (color change) if it is possible,
    or display the BPM on the Remote instead of the Clock.

Be the force with you ;)

Edited once, last by Yoda Guitar ().

• well nearly another year has passed and nothing happened :(

also neural quadcortex took the technology a step further , so maybe kemper should start to work on the profiling algorithms again to be able to keep up with neural ;)

• well nearly another year has passed and nothing happened :(

also neural quadcortex took the technology a step further , so maybe kemper should start to work on the profiling algorithms again to be able to keep up with neural ;)

No, they didn't.

Obviously they have another approach to profiling/capturing (otherwise thy'd have violated Kempers' patents), but I've seen absolutely no evidence yet they took technology a step further .

No, they didn't.

Obviously they have another approach to profiling/capturing (otherwise thy'd have violated Kempers' patents), but I've seen absolutely no evidence yet they took technology a step further .

Watch this video and be enlighted ;)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Call it profiling or capturing, it's the same technology but with neutral's working better.

Not a really a shame for Kemper, it is normal that technology gets better after 10 years and someone else finds a similar way to to things. But kemper has to improve profiling now.

Otherwise, when the community of the quadcortex grows many people will switch to neural.

They just relied on their 10 year old algorithms and now someone came up with a better working way.

A nice feature of improvement would be to actually have the EQ react like the real amp's eq.

• I see it more like Ingolf. The profiling seems to be minimally better with the QC, but there are many profiles that sound as good as the original and are really fun! Especially with the effects, the KPA is much better!

But this is off topic, sorry.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

Edited once, last by TubeTom ().

• I'm not saying the quad cortex is a better device or anything.

Overall the Kemper is better in my opinion with all it's routing and connecting options, all the effects and so on.

But the profiling itself, which is the base of every sound, is now better with the neural QC and that is not debatable.

Kemper should just work on the algerithms and maybe implement a new way of profiling, where you integrate the EQ of the actual amp. Like taking 3 profiles, one with everything at 12 o'clock, one with everything at 1 and one with everything at 10.

Should be possible to recreate the EQ of the amp with this.

• I’m not sure that profiling the EQ curve is nearly as simple as people think. All of the controls are interactive.

Have a look at this tool to which simulates the effect of moving the tone controls on various amps. It even lets you change component values to model any amp you can find the schematic for.

Try setting Treble at 0 and Bass at 10 the move the Mids from 0 to 10 and back. With mids at 0 everything above about 100 gets massively attenuated. With mids at 10 bass rolls of until maybe 500 after which it is almost totally flat.

Now reverse the situation Treble at 10 and Bass at 0. Now moving mids from 0 to 10 does very little. With Treble at 10 moving bass also makes limited difference.

It would seem much easier and probably more accurate to simply model various tone stacks rather than profile multiple settings and extrapolate. However, I don’t know nearly enough about physics, maths and computer science to say whether that is true. All I do know is, if it is actually possible to find a way to profile tone controls, my money would be on CK and the team to be the ones to find ?

• But the profiling itself, which is the base of every sound, is now better with the neural QC and that is not debatable.

Of course this is debatable. Why? Because we've only seen people who are not very talented at profiling doing half- assed efforts.

We'll talk later when people whose best interest is to get the best out of a profiling session will have had the opportunity to have a go at profiling vs capturing.

• Th big question would be :

Is CK and the rest of the guy actually trying /searching to do something like this?

I think they are relying on their 10 year old profiling technique. All that is being worked on is effects and kone-stuff.

They didn't even solve the Tap-Tempo not in time blinking problem after 10 years...

Is CK and the rest of the guy actually trying /searching to do something like this?

I think they are relying on their 10 year old profiling technique. All that is being worked on is effects and kone-stuff.

They didn't even solve the Tap-Tempo not in time blinking problem after 10 years...

Well, you can page CK directly and ask him a serious question. That's always the best way instead of only speculating.

I think this is a slightly contradictory argument.

If CK and the guys genuinely believe the Profiles can be 1:1 accurate then there is nothing to work on with profiling itself. Of course it is debatable whether it is perfectly 1:1 accurate but lets just say that is what they genuinely believe for the moment. Maybe the actual process could be more automated with less need for manual adjustments. That could be seen as an evolutionary improvement. CK has already stated that he made it manually adjustable on purpose to give maximum flexibilty but he is now reassessing whether it is still appropriate. We will have to wait and see what he comes up with but is seems clear that they already have a good idea of how to implement these changes if they decide it is a good idea.

In which case, they would be quite right to concentrate on improving the existing effects and adding new ones.

It isn't that long ago that they released the Kone which for many people has been the biggest game changer in the digital amp world since the Kemper launched 10 years ago. I think most people who have been searching for the elusive Amp In The Room effect with a modelling device would see the Kone as a genuine game changer whereas a big touchscreen, slightly more automated profiling procedure and dual amp paths is really just a modest evolution.

The Tap Tempo light issue is fair game though. I can't believe that hasn't been fixed yet.

• The tap tempo LED is not an issue from my perspective. For myself and most players it's not required or ever used for live performances. If needed for practicing/timing, I simply use a metronome.

The Kemper has been and will continue to be wonderful and versatile tool for inspiration, learning and performing. However relying on it and any other gear as a do it all is not the best approach.

• The tap tempo LED is not an issue from my perspective. For myself and most players it's not required or ever used for live performances. If needed for practicing/timing, I simply use a metronome.

The Kemper has been and will continue to be wonderful and versatile tool for inspiration, learning and performing. However relying on it and any other gear as a do it all is not the best approach.

I find no use for tap tempo personally. I use my button to morph & leave it to blink so it lights up where my boost is! I know there are people that want to use tap tempos for fx but I have never had an issue using delays at my preferred times I have been using since I had an old tape echo.

I like 150, 300, 380, 420. For most things I could get by with just these 4!

While I don’t really use much in the way of tempo synced effects (like Dynochrome I just tend to have a few basic settings for slapback, short, medium and long) I know a lot of people really do rely on temp synced delays. It’s not about practice where a metronome is the right tool but rather about live performance. Think all those Edge style dotted 8th rhythms for example. They want to use the light as the count in to make sure they start in time with the rhythmic delay.

Not something I really need but I can still see the use. Even in my situation I would still find it more useful than dual profiles or a touch screen display.