OS 7.1.21 Release Discussion

• After upgrade the KPA suddenly had rigs sorted by author in Browser. An attempt to change back to sort by name produced a crash. Ticket filed. After another reboot the unit seems to be fine.

• Hi, I'm sure it's just me but is the right click copy and paste option not a KPR thing? Sometimes i just want to copy an FX block from one performance to another and instinctually I go right click....no such thing.:/

• Is it just my perception or with the new OS the Unit boots up faster?

I can's see much difference. My KPA takes uses 1min3sec to boot to tuner. Then add another 14sec before the remote gets connected.

To me it looks like the NVRAM use to store the firmware must be very slow, but there isn't much to do about that.

The delay to have the remote connected OTOH is simply unnecessary. Recent versions of firmware delay power to the network port to prevent the remote from booting up before the main unit is ready and sit waiting with periodic retries to connect. The better approach would be to implement both the KPA and the remote as broadcast transmitters and receivers. Then each unit would first ask if the other is present before connecting, and fall back to wait for the other if there is no response within 50-100ms. With no delay on power to the network one would thus have instant connection once both units are ready, with periodic retries only as a fallback in case of wiring problems etc.

• I can't store a performance on my KPA via editor. Everytime I change the name of a performance and I try to store it, it just changes back to the old name. Anyone experiencing this problem too? If I try to store it in the local library RM crashes.

• I can't store a performance on my KPA via editor. Everytime I change the name of a performance and I try to store it, it just changes back to the old name. Anyone experiencing this problem too? If I try to store it in the local library RM crashes.

How do you try to store it?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I can's see much difference. My KPA takes uses 1min3sec to boot to tuner. Then add another 14sec before the remote gets connected.

To me it looks like the NVRAM use to store the firmware must be very slow, but there isn't much to do about that.

The delay to have the remote connected OTOH is simply unnecessary. Recent versions of firmware delay power to the network port to prevent the remote from booting up before the main unit is ready and sit waiting with periodic retries to connect. The better approach would be to implement both the KPA and the remote as broadcast transmitters and receivers. Then each unit would first ask if the other is present before connecting, and fall back to wait for the other if there is no response within 50-100ms. With no delay on power to the network one would thus have instant connection once both units are ready, with periodic retries only as a fallback in case of wiring problems etc.

1:03???

I think mine is much faster. Tomorrow I'll check it.

• Clicking the orange button in the down right corner of the editor that says Store in #1. I also tried to save it locally but then the editor crashes.

Hm ok. That worked for me on the last version at least. I'll try again.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hm ok. That worked for me on the last version at least. I'll try again.

Hm at least I found one problem. Here I have #19 performance selected but I can move to #18 and edit it. Still the red button says Store in #19. That's a recipe for disaster. Maybe that's it?