Running Kemper Live

• Hello,This is a very noob question so bear with me.I have the non powered Kemper.In order for me to play live I would need a poweramp correct? I could not just plug into a cab and go? Could I plug into my Laney head then through a cab too? The head is solid state if that matters any.Thank you.

• Hey, you don’t need a poweramp to play live. You could use a Full range/PA speaker for monitoring (i.e. Yamaha DXR10, Headrush FRFR108 or 112 etc).

If you want to run a cab on stage with Kemper, you’ll need a poweramp.

Yes, you could run Kemper into Effects Return of Laney head, to use the poweramp section only, then run into a cab. I would not run Kemper into front input of head.

• Thank you Yarzo! I appreciate your response! I will try a power amp and my Laney and experiment.Would I use the monitor out on my Kemper to the effects loop on the Laney? Thank you again dude!

• Hi there! If your Laney head has an effects loop you should be able to plug the Kemper output into the Return, so you're just getting the power amp from the Laney. If you plug into the normal input you'll get the solid state preamp from the Laney as well as the Kemper preamp, which is likely to be not great.

• Hi there! If your Laney head has an effects loop you should be able to plug the Kemper output into the Return, so you're just getting the power amp from the Laney. If you plug into the normal input you'll get the solid state preamp from the Laney as well as the Kemper preamp, which is likely to be not great.

Thank you my friend for your response.Ok very cool,run from Kemper output to the Laney return effects loop.I use the monitor output into my presonus audio box that I use to record right into my pc and I get killer tones.Hope I can get some good live tones through the Laney.Thanks again!

• if you are using the fx loop of your laney, I would use the Kemper’s monitor out with Monitor Cab dsabled.

Thank you Alan! I may use a poweramp with a cab.Never hooked up poweramp and cab yet but if you guys know how to connect it all,That would be great! Have been reading the manual but man so much info!!