Experimenting the Kemper - one year later

• It's been already a year last month since I got the unpowered KPA. It led me to some of the craziest experiences I couldnt imagine. I might have gone throught 6000 different profiles and 666 IRs (lol). Blending IRs, processors, boosts, preamps, before, in between or after the KPA, through monitors, real cab, and even a FRFR cab. Of course the relentless tone chasing affected the playing a bit, but recently I got the Laney LFR 112 cab and the principle of just playing for the pleasure got back, as opposed to just tweaking for the purpose of recording. I can't let go of make things complicated: i like to switch from various types of boosts pedals/preamps, and also jam with the Mesa 2 x 12

on one side and the FRFR 1 x 12 on the other side to create a 'comforting enveloppe'.

I'm also learning of not feeling guilty of doing things some people said we shouldnt do. It's all about experimenting and the Kemper graciously provided me the inspiration to explore a multitude of possibilities.

I also appreciate the presence of this community. The 'kemper family' makes me believe we're all connected to something big in terms of technology and improvement.

I'll leave it with what I said last year: In 1987 I was trying to get a decent sound with the overdrive switch of a 10W Crate amp, now i'm somewhat dialing all

the best amps in the world :)

• Thanks for sharing your story and glad to hear you're enjoying the Kemper as much as we do. Sounds good :thumbup:8)

I also appreciate the presence of this community.

Indeed. This is a very special place in the net with a remarkable big amount of nice, friendly and polite people. Outstanding as the unit itself.

• please profile that crate amp ;)

Haha!

It has been gone nowhere a long time ago, but I think that was pretty much that model ;)

[Blocked Image: https://thewalk.com/sites/musiciansite/images/crate/top.jpg]

Kemper rack unpowered, Art SLA Power Amp, Mesa TC-50, Laney LFR 112, Chapman ML3 Pro Modern, Solar Artist 2.6, Charvel Pro-Mod DK 24, J, PRS Paul Allender.

Metal radio show host at CFOU 89,1 FM - https://subversion-le-metal-show.captivate.fm