20%OFF over already on sale packs + FREE PACK! Ends March 31st

• Hey, it was me not sambrox ;)

"Don't advertise for your
    offerings outside this commercial forum" should be a pretty clear rule. And this all here is pure marketing.

"Are they any good?" bla bla... pure marketing! It's o.k., but belongs to the commercial forum. That's all.

• Hey Monkey_Man, thanks again for your input and for taking the time to write and explain. I understand what you say. And you pointed out 3 options in this subforum and which of them are the usual ones. I get all that.

But there are forum rules for a reason, in order for people like myself who weren't active members to know what is ok and what's not. I did read the rules and I did not break any. If I missed an updated *Free profiles subforum* rules, please point me to them.

If there are no rules forbidding an external download link to *again* free profiles, then everything you guys say is your opinion on what this forum should be about. I think you would agree on that. Rules are there for a reason. Maybe I missed them, I don't know. But I did read the ones I found before posting.

I did everything in good faith. The website doesn't even have demos man. It's not even finished. It's not fair that you guys came in suggesting there are "strings attached" and this should be moved to the forum where profiles are sold, because that's not true.

I explained the website asks for an email to send the download link because that's how that pre-made plugin works and I found it cool that everyone who grabs the profiles, will automatically get an updated link when I add more profiles to the free pack.

The pack 100% for free. You are not suscribed to anything. You don't spend any money. You don't have to like, follow, share. No nothing. Facts man.

I see you have 12k+ posts. You surely are a forum expert and I appreciate your input.

Please point me to the Free Profiles forum rules if I missed something and indeed broke a rule. If not, I think you would agree that it's only your opinion on how things should be, but I wouldn't be at fault and it would be wrong to tell members they will be sanctioned by mods when no rules were broken.

I may have missed the external link rule. Please point me to it.
    If there's none, then you may have seen this kind of misunderstanding in the past but new members didn't and the rules may need an update to clarify.

• Hey, it was me not sambrox ;)

"Don't advertise for your
    offerings outside this commercial forum" should be a pretty clear rule. And this all here is pure marketing.

"Are they any good?" bla bla... pure marketing! It's o.k., but belongs to the commercial forum. That's all.

"Don't advertise for your offerings outside this commercial forum".
    In other words, if you are going to advertise anything paid, post it in the commercial forum.

It IS a pretty clear rule.

I did not advertise anything. I shared a free pack and never ever is anyone asked to buy, donate, subscribe, like, share, follow, join, etc. No nothing. Hence no rule is broken.

I just want to let you know that I get it, in your opinion, this is marketing and should belong to the commercial forum (even when it's 100% free, nothing asked in return). I don't agree, that's all.

And if you got upset because of the poll too, you can just ignore it or clic on the worst option haha to teach me a lesson for not agreeing with you guys.

• You can use a fake email, write "aaa" as your name etc.

I tried to get these with fake email, but I don't see any content that could be downloaded.

There's only following info in the thank you page after finalizing order:

"

Your order is confirmed

You’ll receive a confirmation email with your order number shortly.

"

Where can these profiles be downloaded?

• Hey JuLai, the download link is sent automatically to whichever email you enter!

Edit: I see what you said now. There I was saying that if for some reason you don't want it delivered to your email (why?), then you can use a fake one, not a non existing one, of course.

Everything is done automatically by a plugin you add to your website to manage digital downloads for you. Thanks!

• Sambrox why are you linking the commercial rules? If this was a paid pack, those are the rules I'd need to hold on to. This is a free pack. Everyone grabbing it knows it. You know it. I still don't get what's your goal with this.

Thanks anyway if you somehow tried to help somehow...

Edit: I was replying Ibot39 not Sambrox, sorry haha.

Well, the thread got moved. MonkeyMan tried to tell you, I tried to reaffirm, but now it’s in the commercial section.

Just an example about the point with the email; say I want to try your profiles, give you my email address as is required in order to download, but then hate them and delete them forever. Now, I now know that we don’t share the same taste in guitar tone so don’t want to bother with your profiles again, but whenever you make an update to your pack, I get an email about it, until I actively go in and unsubscribe (if your site offers it). That is a string. Free profiles mean that you are free to try them without having to give up any data, free to disregard them without further contact or bother. Anyway, best of luck with them.

• Hey Sambrox, we're still not in the same page, that's all. Just give me some time haha.

It's all good. I don't mind having the thread anywhere else. I wouldn't have minded if it were deleted. I'd just ask again to be pointed to the rules to make sure I don't break any and post again. What I did mind, is that I was somehow guilty of taking advantage of something when the pack was free and I did read the rules. I was basically accused of doing something fishy to bully the forum (I might have misunderstood the spirit of your posts), when I posted in good faith. As I said before, this forum's veterans might have seen it many times, but newcomers didn't and maybe the rules may need an update to clarify.

Free profiles mean free profiles man. When you download a free anything (daw, plugin, virtual instrument, whatever), most of the time you will receive a download link and your key in your email. That by every definitinion, means free. I understand you have your opinion on what free should mean. But that's your respectable opinion, nothing more and there's no point in arguing about it, you will think I'm not correct and we can disagree and still be friends haha.

I need to spend some time checking the forum's content to be more in tune.

Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it, and everyone's who pointed out this thread might be moved to a different subforum.
    Have a good one!

• That by every definitinion, means free. I understand you have your opinion on what free should mean. But that's your respectable opinion, nothing more and there's no point in arguing about it, you will think I'm not correct and we can disagree and still be friends haha.

There’s the misunderstanding! Now I see I wasn’t clear enough; it isn’t my opinion of what free means, but what free means as defined by the forum rules.

I can’t point you to where this is stated (to be honest, because I’m too lazy), but rest assured, there has been a lot of discussion about definitions and the rules when it comes to profile offerings, sellers and freebies.

• I recommend using mailinator.net if you want a quick email you can dump afterwards. You can then check your inbox at mailinator.net, download your file and delete the mail etc.

But perhaps give the guy a break and use your real email. You can always opt out later if you get too much spam.

Scratch that - mailinator doesn't support attachments anymore. I'm sure there are other services like it though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hey Musicmad, thanks! I'm sure there are similar services too.

I believe Sambrox wasn't complaining himself but giving an example of a situation where he says it's not free if you put your email and then get unwanted free profiles in the future, because what if he or someone hated the profiles and did not want to know about it ever.

It doesn't make any sense to me but it's all good haha.

And it should be ok now that the thread is in the commercial sub forum. Everyone can always choose not to download because it's not a direct-attached zip file or because you get it in your email or whatever.

• So now it finally IS in the commercial section, we can also talk about your commercial packs without being blamed that the thread is moved, because of talking about it :S:):S

A Hot Rod Deluxe pack is coming to the store soon?

• Hey Ibot39, haha! Yes it's coming too!

I made 85 profiles, I think it will end up being a 60 pack thing. Some are too similar, and there are a number too aggressive to be useful in my opinion. I'm not sure if it would be a nicier pack having every profile taken or only the most solid ones. What do you think?

Recording chain for this amp: SM57> LaChapell tube preamp > Great River Harrison EQ > Distressor with tape harmonics mode engaged and very little compression happening. 1dB or less.

Basically 3 amp EQ positions and 2 studio EQ curves per clean, drive (5 gain stages) and 4 extra gain stages with the "more" button in. More or less.

• Thanks for the information. Some really clean profiles that work nice as a pedal platform / with external overdrive pedals would be great - so maybe you can put those into the pack for the pedal lovers ;)

• Geez... this thread gave me a migraine.

Monkey_Man - good on you for TRYING to help. But, as usual, no good deed goes unpunished.

I've got to believe that maybe the OP suffers from not being a native English speaker, as that's really the only reason I can come with for being quite that obstinate when multiple people try to expain what anyone who has been here longer than a year has seen time and time again when "free" profiles comes with strings attached of ANY kind.

Either way, thanks for trying to share BuhoCiego, but please take the time to try to better understand what people who are trying to HELP you are saying.

Ok, back to burying my head in the sand with the rest of my ostrich buddies. Gobble gobble. Sqwawk sqwawk. Moooo quack... or whatever the heck sound an ostrich makes.

Jeffro

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Communication has it's pitfalls - especially in written form, where sometimes the intention is not clear for the reader.

Beside of that. What we all like is free profiles and sellers of nice profile packs. So basically BuhoCiego is very welcome here on the forum - despite a rough start! <3

• Hi Slider Jeff, well, english is not my first language and I live in a country where people speak spanish. But I don't see how it changes anything. It's just hard for you to place yourselves in the newbie's shoes, that's all.

Having said that, Maybe we all can agree on:

-Newcomers have no clue about what you all have been talking about in the past.

-The rules thread are not clear enough regarding free profiles.

If you place yourselves in the newcomer's point of view, my reaction will make sense.

But if you hard-start from "everyone just tried to help and you were obstinate" as if I knew everything you've been discussing for years in different threads and came up with a fishy scheme to take advantage of something...

You know Monkey and the guys and their intentions. To me, they were a nickname and an avatar. I read the rules before posting, then a nickname tells me I have unclear intentions, the pack it's not free, strings attached, kemper policies, email downloads, zip attachments etc that are not mentioned in the rules I found and the profiles are free. It's not that hard to understand my reaction too.

Just in case: I'm not blaming anyone, I know it was a misunderstanding, the guys just tried to let me know I posted in the wrong subforum and I appreciate all the comments haha.

• The more you hang around here, the more you’ll come to realise that there really aren’t any would-be dictators amongst the users; people really are just trying to help. I understand that any time spent on any other forum on the Internet will make anyone wary, so MonkeyMan’s comments possibly could have been seen as someone trying to throw their weight around, but it isn’t like that here.