20%OFF over already on sale packs + FREE PACK! Ends March 31st

• Hate to be "that guy", but this "free" offering doesn't qualify for this subforum; it's a cut-and-dried case.

Kemper has an explicit no-strings-attached policy in this case. The filling-out-form and email requirements alone disqualify it, I'm afraid. Then there's the fact that there're links to your paid packs on the same page including a "show me the good stuff" one.

BC, if you can zip and attach the pack to your OP and remove the link to the store and therefore requirements to use the shopping cart & share email addresses, I'm sure that'll be fine.

Again, sorry to be "that guy". If the mods discovered it your thread would be moved to the commercial section, and in that case you're not going to get the exposure to the free / "cheap" crowd that you might've been hoping for.

• Hey Monkey, thanks for your input. I don't think I'm breaking any rules. This pack is 100% free.

We all have seen free packs zipped along a txt file, a pdf, a picture, etc; promoting stuff. I'm sorry it made you upset because you did not want to fill in a form. Everyone who downloads the pack will get an updated link when I add more stuff to the free pack. That's it. What strings are you talking about?

It's nothing more than a pre-made plugin you add to your website to manage digital downloads. You can use a fake email, write "aaa" as your name etc. It doesn't ask people to subscribe, follow, like, or anything (and even if it did, still it would have been free, we see it everyday and no one complains, because it's free...) Why are you suggesting otherwise mate?

And then you say I should have zipped the profiles. Why? How about just copying them to the Rig Exchange cloud and then creating a thread in this forum telling everyone to search for it? Your criteria disqualifies everyone who feels like giving away profiles made in a pro recording facility, just because you don't like it when someone doesn't put them in a zip file. What?

If you still want to think there are "strings attached", feel free to report the thread and the mods will erase it if I did break a rule.
    This is the free profiles subforum and these are free profiles. Wow.

• LOL the guy shared some profiles for free but the post should be moved to the commercial/paid forum anyway just because someone feels like they should've been attached for direct download. What a world! Chill!

• Nope, it’s just the rules of the forum. Monkey Man was just trying to give the guy a heads up. The thread will be moved by the mods, as soon as one notices the content. The free profiles forum really has to be for free profiles, where you don’t have to give up any data to get access.

• Hi Sambrox, would you point me to the forum rules so I can check which one I broke with this post? Maybe the ones I read were outdated.
    These are free profiles. You don't have to give up anything.

Are you guys making up rules just because of your own personal opinions about how everything has to be? I did check the forum rules and I don't think I broke any. Again: these profiles ARE free.

• Just trying to help you here. Don’t worry, I’ve stopped now.

EDIT: can you receive the profiles without a valid email address? If not, then your post belongs in the commercial section of the site. There. That was the last help.

• Hey Monkey, thanks for your input. I don't think I'm breaking any rules. This pack is 100% free.

We all have seen free packs zipped along a txt file, a pdf, a picture, etc;

Indeed we have, mate, but when the Profiler includes one or more links to his / her commercial site, as we've seen in the past, most-recently in the case of Mick Richard's TMS Profiles, the rules have been broken. Mick no longer includes a link to his site in the .zip files.

I'm sorry it made you upset because you did not want to fill in a form. Everyone who downloads the pack will get an updated link when I add more stuff to the free pack. That's it.

Did I say I was upset? Did I say I didn't want to fill out a form?

No, and no. I simply tried to give you a heads-up as to the rules in an impartial, unemotional way. I even explained why - to provide you with the opportunity to make the necessary changes in order to reap the benefit of exposing your work to the "free" crowd and avoid the thread's being moved.

What strings are you talking about?

I explained this. The links to your paid packs on the same page including a "show me the good stuff" one constitute advertising in the eyes of Kemper. We've seen this before and Kemper is very-clear about it.

It's nothing more than a pre-made plugin you add to your website to manage digital downloads. You can use a fake email, write "aaa" as your name etc. It doesn't ask people to subscribe, follow, like, or anything (and even if it did, still it would have been free, we see it everyday and no one complains, because it's free...) Why are you suggesting otherwise mate?

Not suggesting anything. Just pointed out the fact that this requirement constitutes providing name and email data, which is seen as a string. It's a requirement. A requirement makes it "strings-attached". There should be no requirement/s.

And then you say I should have zipped the profiles. Why? How about just copying them to the Rig Exchange cloud and then creating a thread in this forum telling everyone to search for it?

You certainly could have done exactly that, mate; that's one of the three obvious options in this subforum:

1) Post to the Exchange and notify us.

2) Zip the folder and attach it to the OP.

3) Provide a link to a non-commercial-site download that in no way promotes a paid product.

Option 3 is rarely used; it's usually 1 or 2.

The reason I suggested zipping is 'cause you wouldn't be able to attach the Rigs unless you first zip the folder; the forum software won't accept the upload otherwise.

Your criteria disqualifies everyone who feels like giving away profiles made in a pro recording facility, just because you don't like it when someone doesn't put them in a zip file. What?

Ridiculous. Please re-read everything I've said on the matter. Oh, and once again, it's got nothing to do with what I like or don't like.

If you still want to think there are "strings attached", feel free to report the thread and the mods will erase it if I did break a rule.
    This is the free profiles subforum and these are free profiles. Wow.

Relax man. You're suffering from self-generated hyperbole. I have zero emotions about this and hadn't for a moment considered reporting the thread. Quite the opposite, in fact - I was trying to give you a break, man, hence the heads-up as a means to preserve the thread in the subforum you chose in the first place.

LOL the guy shared some profiles for free but the post should be moved to the commercial/paid forum anyway just because someone feels like they should've been attached for direct download. What a world! Chill!

No Gerardo, not "just because someone feels" anything. Kemper makes the rules, and had someone not volunteered to help the OP avoid it, the company would've moved the thread. Guaranteed.

"What a world", you say? Yeah, it's great when someone is prepared to weather a nothingburger storm in order to help a "stranger", which is exactly what I did and am doing. Have a nice day brother. :)

Are you guys making up rules just because of your own personal opinions about how everything has to be? I did check the forum rules and I don't think I broke any. Again: these profiles ARE free.

Making up rules? Seriously man?

Yes, they're free, but there are strings attached, as explained.

OK, I'm done. Hopefully I've addressed and readdressed all your queries, Buho. I suggested zipping a folder containing the set and attaching it 'cause IMHO it's the quickest, simplest way to comply with the rules and avoid the thread's relocation.

Hopefully you can see now that I meant well. Most others wouldn't have bothered to argue all your points with you IMHO, so if nothing else you're now a qualified expert on these matters. Unless I carelessly ommitted something from the curriculum... :/ :D Cheers mate.

• Sambrox why are you linking the commercial rules? If this was a paid pack, those are the rules I'd need to hold on to. This is a free pack. Everyone grabbing it knows it. You know it. I still don't get what's your goal with this.

Thanks anyway if you somehow tried to help somehow...

Edit: I was replying Ibot39 not Sambrox, sorry haha.