OS 7.1.22 install issue using Rig Manager

• Hi! all. So I installed the newest RM update and it told me it had the OS 7.1.22 firmware update. I tried twice to install this through RM (which I have hardly ever tried) and it failed both times. I did it then by the old tried and true USB stick - no problem installing it.

I post this for others should they encounter the same issue, didn't bother to contact support about this since it worked fine the "kaos.bin" way 8)

Gary ô¿ô

• It's never worked for me, so as I always do, I used a USB stick. Like you, Gaz, I've not reported it 'cause it's no biggie to go the traditional way.

Curious:

Were you able to quit RM normally after the failure or did it hang? Hangs for me every time in this situation, so I force-quit. Figured it must be a common thing 'cause there's nothing unusual about my system. OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, RM 3.0.100 and always a compatible, Release version of the FW.

• Rm 3.0.100 installed OS 7.1.22 for me without a glitch. The last three OS's I've updated with RM, only once did I have to restart RM after the OS update. Do use Browse mode every time I do the updates.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Tried and failed twice in Perf mode. Rebooted toaster in Browse mode and it worked through RM no problem.

it doesn't matter which mode you use, and which OS as well. the issue you had is something else. eventually an USB related issue.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• There was a time during the Beta releases, that only Browse mode would work for me to update the OS's - Perform mode gave me errors back then, and the update and wouldn't complete. I'm still conditioned to use Browse to update. I'll try Perform next time.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Since I got it up and running I've now had issues with RM linking to the Kemper: The changes I've made using the editor did NOT show up on the Profiler, even after switching from Performance to Browse or vice versa, nor after rebooting the system. Edits from RM were just replaced with the original settings. Once I unplugged my USB connection to the computer, changes occurred. So therefore, I'm back doing all my edits on the Profiler itself. Yes, the editor in theory sounds like a great idea, it's just not there yet.

Yes, I'm submitting a support ticket on this, though I've not many responses to the last several support tickets I've sent in. Anyone else have these issues?

One more question: in the editor are broad categories of effects, none of the hundreds that are actually there. Is there an easy was within the editor, not the Toaster, to see all the options within?

Gary ô¿ô

• Failed for me twice too from RM, I then closed RM, rebooted the KPA and restarted RM and it work without an issue from RM.

99.9% of the time I install with RM with no issues.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• One more question: in the editor are broad categories of effects, none of the hundreds that are actually there. Is there an easy was within the editor, not the Toaster, to see all the options within?

you probably refer to the effect presets. those can be found here:

choose a preset from the list and drag it onto the effect slot you want it to show up on.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here