Using a Rack and a Patchbay with only one rack door off?

• Hello all!

I have a question about my Kemper Rack. I am wanting to get a patch bay to mount on the front of the rack, simply because it would make life simpler when playing out live, and also with practicing/recording. When I do this though, I was wondering if I would be able to leave the back rack door on, and have the rack facing up behind a cab on stage, or to have at my feet when I am recording, because I dont have a lot of desk space.

Would this be ok? Or do I need to have the rack fully opened on both ends?

Sorry for the noob question, but I was just wanting to make sure either way.

• Yes, it is possible. I do this all the time when performing live, I have my Kemper case standing up on it's closed back cover.

I have added a patch bay to have all my connections up front and if it starts to rain I just place my front cover over it ;)

At home I put it next to my desk as on the picture. The second rack is just for my in-ear system which is connected to a rack line mixer. This way, I put my Kemper signal in this mixer and receive a signal from the mixing desk with all bandmembers (without my own signal) so that I can adjust my own signal .