FBC1010 MIDI controller crashes Kemper after update to 7.1.19

• I just got an FCB1010 MIDI controller for my unpowered Profiler having researched lots of different MIDI controller options and found this was the best non-Remote option out there. Just my luck - it seems the latest update to the OS 7.1.19 has a problem with it and the Kemper crashes if any MIDI commands are sent to the Kemper. Looking around on the various Facebook groups others have the same problem. It worked up until 7.1.15 but whatever was added in 7.1.19 - probably the support for public release of RigManager 3 - has broken the support for external MIDI. Or at leas tthe FCB1010. I have th stock firmware that came with the FCB1010 - another guy on the group is using the 3rd party Uno4Kemper firmware in his FCB1010 with the same problem.

I updated to 7.1.21 in case tyhat fixed it, but same issue. Screenshot of the error below for anyone else who hits this...

(Before the system crashes completely it hangs and a # is displayed on the right hand side of the screen under the 'E'.)

I've emailed Kemper support...

• Have you tried with latest 7.1.22 ?

I'm currently on 7.1.19 and using the FCB1010 with the regular Uno chip and no issues so far. I will update to 7.1.22 this evening and

report back.

Sly

• Thanks Slyman. So this may be a newbie / muppet problem, but I've fixed it by turning off UI to MIDI in the System Settings page.

What got me thinking it was an OS issue and not just me not knowing how to set it up is becuase another user on a Facebook group put up a post saying he upgraded to 7 and now his FCB1010 stopped working and crashed. I figured it was an OS thing and not a settings thing.

I had UI to MIDI set for when I was previousy using the ToastME PC editor which used the MIDI connection. Now with RM3 and the editor I won't need that, so all good...

Thanks for replying :)

Si

• Seems to be working with FCB1010 with EurekaProm 3.2 and 7.1.22 (other than delay and reverb state in effects mode that has been problematic since I got my Kemper back to 7.1.5)