Add a 2-Way switch to the Remote?

• Hi,

i want to add a 2-way switch to the remote to control the looper (only record/start and stop) so i dont have to switch to the looper menu before.

can i use any tap-switch and set the polarity (normal /inverse) so it works or do i have to use a special type of switch?

• Yes, momentary switch, and you need to set polarity correctly:

If it is an opening switch (electrical contact closed in idle state), you set polarity to "Normal".

If it is a closing switch (electrical contact open in idle state), you set polarity to "Inverse".

• Hi,

i want to add a 2-way switch to the remote to control the looper (only record/start and stop) so i dont have to switch to the looper menu before.

can i use any tap-switch and set the polarity (normal /inverse) so it works or do i have to use a special type of switch?

Hi,

I did this with a Boss FS6.

Looking from the back, all the switches are in the left position.

As of KPA OS version 7.2.1 the settings for the polarity are reversed (switch position right). See the orange arrows.

On the Kemper Remote I plugged into Pedal 5

On the Profiler

Settings

Page 10/18

Mode: Dual Switch

Switch Ring: Looper Start

Switch Tip: Looper Stop

The only challenge is when I have stopped the looper and I press looper stop again sometimes it doesn’t clear [correction - sometimes I'm not sure if I have cleared the loop] because there’s no visual cue you can’t be sure what happened. The solution is to switch to looper mode on the remote when I need to clear the loop. But for play, stop , over dub, it seems to work well enough.

ST

• Clearing the loop should work exactly like with the Remote's stop button. You need to hit the stop button three times!

Thanks Burkhard,

Later this evening I went back and reviewed what I was doing with the footswitch. Yes it is working correctly (exactly like the Remote).

I made an edit to my post above.

Cheers,

ST

• What! How come I didn't know this!!! Great to be able to overdub directly!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• To set the Boss FS-6 to work with the looper set the switches like this.

Note with OS 7.2.1 - you can no longer set the polarity

OS 7.2.1 - polarity option removed

You can see the full explanation in my post above.

• You should also mention, how polarity is set on the PROFILER side. If you change Polarity in the PROFILER menu, the polarity switches on the BOSS need to be set the opposite way.

I suggest you test polarity with another switching function first: Assign for example module A including let's say a Distortion. The external switch should trigger on/off of module A when it is pushed. If it trigger on/off when it gets released, polarity is set the wrong way.

• You should also mention, how polarity is set on the PROFILER side. If you change Polarity in the PROFILER menu, the polarity switches on the BOSS need to be set the opposite way.

I suggest you test polarity with another switching function first: Assign for example module A including let's say a Distortion. The external switch should trigger on/off of module A when it is pushed. If it trigger on/off when it gets released, polarity is set the wrong way.

The polarity option was removed in OS 7.2.1

I copied the picture of the Profiler settings from my original post into the one two above this one.

• i read about that in the update list.

not explainable to me. Because some Users don't know about it, you just remove it???

That's a big F-U to every User who used that feature.

Removing options is always a step backwards and reduces the qualitiy of the Kemper... Improving Options or features would be the way to go.

• i read about that in the update list.

not explainable to me. Because some Users don't know about it, you just remove it???

That's a big F-U to every User who used that feature.

Removing options is always a step backwards and reduces the qualitiy of the Kemper... Improving Options or features would be the way to go.

We have evidence that this option confused many people and lead to wrong settings causing switching latencies or even Looper chaos.

We have no proof, that anybody needs this option. Do you?

Removing a meaningless option simplifies the product to everybody's benefit.