New to the Group - Stage or Toaster

• Hi All!

New here and I have been scouring these forums, the internet and YouTube and decided that I am absolutely getting a Kemper.

I am struggling between the Stage and a Toaster.

I will be gigging 1 -2 times a month and other times will just be playing at home. I won't be doing much recording.

The Toaster and remote foot switch are available now, but the Stage won't ship until the end of April, so part of it is that I am impatient. I have to order from one specific place, that why April.

Sorry for the long thread but just wanted to get some feedback is it worth it to wait or Toaster and remote good to go, even if goal is to gig minimally?

Thanks

• In terms of form factor, I prefer the Toaster. It sits on my desk, in reach. When I'm at home and when I'm playing live I like being able to reach over and tweak something. I've had floor-type systems and disliked having to reach down all the time. Some of the stages I've encountered playing gigs are stages in name only. The minimal footprint of the remote makes life easy, where the Stage would either not fit, or make things quite cramped.

I wouldn't mind having the Stage's extra mono loop/dedicated stereo loop, but that's little more than a niggle.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Welcome to the forum! If you can afford it, I'd go with the toaster for your situation, as per Ruefus above.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I vote Stage. I use it in home connected to the computer, and you can tweak almost everything with rig manager, so don't need to kneel down... :)

+ It's cheaper

+ features of the toaster+remote together

• I went with the Stage for a few reasons.

• Form factor - I came to the Stage from the Helix and have always liked the all-in-one form factor.
    • Function - Even with the smaller form factor the Stage still has all of the functionality of the Toaster and Rack.
    • Cost - The final factor for me was the cost. When you compare the cost to a Toaster/Rack and remote it is several hundred cheaper.

I have had the Stage since August and have been extremely happy with it. Now that we have the editor it also negates many of the advantages of there Toaster or Rack since you can now tweak anything from your computer without bending down.

• If you are gigging, I'd go powered Rack or Toaster.

I play a fair few festivals and you just rock up and use the on stage cabs. If mine was stolen I'd go Rack and remote every time because of the powered option.

Ultimately its only down to cost and form factor so purely a personal choice.

• Seems like responses are split pretty evenly. I'm coming from a POD HD500X through an amp but never gigged with it, so I have no former experience with that form factor live, as I only played bass when I was in bands before. I guess it comes down to, is it worth $500 to wait 45-50 days.

Thanks everyone

• I bought a powered toaster and remote. Works perfectly for me. If you go the stage route you'll need a powered speaker or a power amp to drive a cab so you'll have to spend a few more bucks, narrowing the gap between stage and powered unit.

• I placed an order for the Stage, Expression Pedal and Headrush FRFR 1x12. I have about 45 days to decide if I want to get the toaster and remote in 43 less days than the stage, because of the back order. It's just a patience thing. I have none.

• I placed an order for the Stage, Expression Pedal and Headrush FRFR 1x12. I have about 45 days to decide if I want to get the toaster and remote in 43 less days than the stage, because of the back order. It's just a patience thing. I have none.

I wouldn't be able to wait. I bought my first toaster 8 years ago and it was the best purchase I've ever made :)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Just cancelled my order and ordered the toaster instead, so I can have it here next week. I just couldn't wait that long.:)

Thanks all for the feedback.

Once you get the foot controller too it will become your most valuable gigging tool. Got a friend with a kick ass amp tone profile it, got an amp you like but dont want it in a bar, profile it, want an amp that you could never afford, download it.

I even sold my old Archon after I profiled it.