Tried to profile "Electro Harmonics 9:Bass Bass Machine" effect pedal - did not work out

• The Electro-Harmonix 'Bass Machine' pedal gives you the ability to mix your guitar sound with a bass sound. Other than a normal octaver it sounds like a real bass guitar.

The reason I tried to profile this (btw: great) pedal was that I wanted to switch between -1 octave and -2 octaves within a song.

I connected my guitar with the input of the pedal, the output of the pedal to the front input of the Kemper (even though I normally use the alternative in), direct send it to my bass amp and returned it via the microphone to the Kemper. I chose 'clean' profile.

The resulting profiles did just sound like a clean guitar amp and the 'bass' effect did not appear at all.

I profiled some amps in the past very successful, so I don't obviously think that I did something wrong.

I found some nice acoustic sims, a banjo sim and a dobro sim in rig exchange.

Does anyone have an idea why I cannot find bass sim profiles and why the profiling of my bass sim pedal has not worked? I have an idea about this but would need confirmation.

• Effects can’t be profiled, and that pedal is basically a pitch shifter effect. I’d suggest using Performance mode and having two identical Rigs in adjacent slots, though where one is shifted down an octave, the other two.

• Some dist / drive / boost pedals can be profiled ( not modulating ones ) but they must be in the right place

in the profiling chain : between the output from Kemper ("Direct out / Send" ) to your amp , speaker , and

into the microphone back to the Kemper ( "Return input" ) Result can be good but can also be crap 8o

In other words : putting a pedal between your guitar and front input of Kemper will not profile the pedal .......

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I am looking to do something similar but with my Tube Driver. I am not seeing much specifically on effect profiling. I only want to profile the effect and save it as an effect preset so I can load it in front of an amp profile.

It has been a while since I did any profiling since there are so many out there of my amps and that sound great. To do what I want to do, do I follow the steps for a DI profile and then am I able to save it as an effect preset vs a rig (kipr)?

Or if someone can point me to where this is documented that would be great. I went through the manual and quick start but did not see what I wanted. Maybe my search was not right. I did not see a video on it either.

Sorry to hijack the thread but when I tried to start a new thread, the site led me to a few existing threads and this was the closest to what I wanted to do.

Thanks

Brian

• thanks for the helps folks.

i guess my question is how does a person create kemper effects preset? is it possible? i used the term profile more so because i have no idea how to create my own virtual effect pedal of my real pedals and was not exactly what to call it.

i suppose based on Wheresthedug's comment, we do not have a way to create an effects preset.

brian

Edited 2 times, last by TheSystem ().

• You can create presets but they will be modeled on one of the Kemper's internal effects algorithms rather than taken from your own pedals. So, if you want a Boss CE1 type chorus sound select vintage chorus and tweak it until it sounds the way you like. Once you have that you can drag and drop the effects block from the editor into the preset library in Rig Manager. It will now be available as a "preset" any time you want it but it won't be a profile of a real CE1. The same is true of other effects such as Green Scream (based on Tube Screamer), Mouse (based on Rat distortion) etc.

• Thanks Alan.

Any idea if what I am talking about might be on a road map? IMO what you are describing allows me to modify existing presets and save them as new presets. While technically this allows me to create new effects presets, they are based on existing effect presets provided by Kemper. This makes me wonder if there are any 3rd party effects presets on the market. I will look on the Googles.

I have been doing what you describe and it works.

I just have some pedals that I modded that I really like that I thought would be cool have in my Kemper.

Thanks again for the help.

Brian

• Kemper are about to release an acoustic simulation effect and gave also stated that the overdrive effects will be updated at sometime in the foreseeable future so they are clearly still adding to the available effect models. However, I don’t think profiling your own effects will ever be possible with the current hardware.