Delay Spillover in Performance Mode...Kemper can you this man a favor?

• I wanted to put this up on the forum, and since this is the first time posting anything, I don't really know where to put it, but here I am.

I just found out that proper delay spillover only works in performance mode ONLY if the delay is in the last two slots of the FX chain. WHY?? ||||Why is this constraint there? Currently my FX chain is as follows:

Loop (Julia Chorus/Vibrato) > Delay > Reverb 1 > Reverb 2

As you can see, my delay is not put in the right slot for this to happen. And if I were to rearrange the reverbs, it would create a VERY mush tone being the reverb would be feeding into the delay. I don't want that. And now currently switching between Slot 1 and Slot 2 in Performance mode introduces a HARD cut in the delay that is both obvious and not delightful to listen to.

Yes, I can rearrange my FX and make a work around to avoid the problem, but I am more aggravated that this is even a thing.

Can someone please explain why this constraint exists? Where can I post this so that Kemper can see it and consider changing it? I can't imagine it is a cpu issue and I imagine it would help out many people too!

Thanks!

• Until recently, delay could only go in the penultimate block . When they upgraded the delays, they gave us the ability to put delays anywhere but the constraint remained that the spillover was only from the last two effects blocks. I don't know why that is but I assume it's a restriction of the architecture.

I can't offer any advice on how to get around it if you're using two reverbs but I doubt it will change.

• Hi joshua, why do need 2 Reverbs at the same time, could you give me an example? Just curious...

Sure! For me it is simply easier to use a less wet and slightly more wet reverb in series so if I want a tone to be more ambient I can slam it on. And if it is on a assignable switch that can be locked, that ambient tone can go along to other rigs in a performance. I can kind of do this by quickly tapping the rig buttons twice using the morph function on one reverb and it kind of works well, but not as well as a dedicated reverb that stays at the same level across all rigs if need be.

I realized that for what I want I needed to off-board the delay function to allow the space for a reverb. I just bought a Walrus Audio D1 Delay and will see if it fits my needs. If not, I will go back to the drawing board!

• For me it is simply easier to use a less wet and slightly more wet reverb in series so if I want a tone to be more ambient I can slam it on.

Are you aware you can morph any continuous parameter? I usually morph Mix, or Time, or... both.
    But you can tweak anything else :)
    I get this is not what you wanted, but it's hard for me to think that there's no alternative setting that gives you the expected ambience... Maybe it's just a matter of experimenting a bit?

HTH

Still chasing a worthy one :/