• Positive Grid Spark

I fought this as long as I could, but finally purchased one this morning.

The more user videos I watched on youtube the more I wanted it lol.

What a fun time to be alive and play guitar!!! ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Hi Skoczy!

Their back ordered, only 4000 or so ahead of me now. ;)

Soon as I have it in hand I'll play a clip or two, but the YouTube vids sound impressive to me.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cannot preorder to Poland, meh...

Awwwwwww nooooo. Sorry man.

• Well you might have latency issues with wireless headphones, that said there is a jack for "wired" ones I plan to use for outs to my mixer and DAW.

BTW- just got an email today from Positive Grid, I "might get mine in by May... Yes they sold a TON of these.

• I don't know skoczy. Its not a guess that they are far behind in keeping up with the TON of pre-orders, so Im guessing here that they "may be" out in the stores like Sweetwater/Zzounds by late summer.

Here is a copy of the email I got...

"Dear Spark Last Chance Special Purchaser:

Thank you again for your pre-order of your Positive Grid Spark! With many manufacturers experiencing production delays due to component and assembly shortages, it has been challenging to meet our original shipping estimates. We are doing everything in our power to increase Spark production to keep up with its massive demand!

Despite these delays, we can share that all Super Early Bird and Early Bird orders have now shipped, and we are receiving overwhelmingly positive reviews from those new Spark owners. We wish we could ship all Spark orders right now, because we can’t wait for you to try Spark!

We do not take delays lightly, and we know that you don't either. Based on the latest information from our production team, we will be shipping Last Chance Special orders in May. All orders will ship based on when the order was placed.

When your Spark amp ships you will receive an email with tracking information."

• I would buy one now , if I could receive it within 30 days, I don't have much patience to begin with , waiting on the Kpa Remote , took away all that I had left a few yrs ago.

I Don't think 30 days would work, there's been people waiting for months for thIs amp that still don't have one. Early April will be a month for me and I may have another two before I see mine. And, with the world out of sync atm with the virus, it might be even longer. Ah well, I have a Kemper to play with anyway ? ;)

• Finally got the Spark in yesterday (ordered March 7th), and I must say it is no Kemper (not supposed to be for $224) but it does sound very toneful and tasty! I have it running thru the "headphones out mini-jack" into the Apollo Hi-Z inputs and listening via my near-field Mackie 824 monitors with a sub. The "other" really nice thing about it is the backing tracks & guitar rack Interface (a work still in Progress) all on my iPad and right at my fingertips to tweak via Bluetooth ( which connects very well after the latest patch). Thousands of amps and Youtube/Apple Music/Spotify tracks available- I'm having fun with this thing and it will only get better with updates and add-ons over time. A real treat for guitar players- :thumbup:Im sold on this thing!

• I got mine this week as well. My mind isn't quite made up, though. I've always like the Bias FX interface, but the Spark's is like Bias-lite. You have three slots for stomps before the amp and three after, but they're dedicated to the stomp-type (e.g., #1 is a gate, #2 is compression, #3 is drive). Post amp you get a Mod slot, Delay slot, then Reverb. With the regular Bias FX, you can make a chain a mile long, change the order, split it or stack effects.

Tone wise, it's OK. Most of the amps sound alike to me. If I can get four rigs put together that I actually like, I'll keep it. The play along utility is pretty cool. It searches for Youtube videos and shows you the chord progression in real time. If you pick a tune that hasn't been analyzed, it will play it once and analyze it then.

It's heresy, I know, but I was kind of hoping to use this for practice and selling my Kemper, which I basically just use for practice. I don't gig or record and I don't need to model. If Kemper could make a similar, simpler device, I think they'd sell a million. Image a self-contained unit like the Spark with a speaker, bluetooth and the sound engine of the Kemper. Load and tweak profiles, but no modeling. Maybe someday.

• It's heresy, I know, but I was kind of hoping to use this for practice and selling my Kemper, which I basically just use for practice. I don't gig or record and I don't need to model. If Kemper could make a similar, simpler device, I think they'd sell a million. Image a self-contained unit like the Spark with a speaker, bluetooth and the sound engine of the Kemper. Load and tweak profiles, but no modeling. Maybe someday.

Companies like Kemper do not have a market for cheap versions of their products, they are a relatively small german company, for cheap products you go for volume more than margin. Its no line 6, Bias, Behringher or Boss. Granted, I would love a "hx stomp sized kemper" for example, or a practice amp with integrated kemper functionality, but I dont see it happening.

The answer is 42