Need advice running Kemper into combo loop return

• I recently picked up a mustang 3 ver.2 and want to run my non-powered Kemper through the effects loop return. I read the mustang 3 ver.2 firmware 2.1 already has the loop set to post preamp so that should be fine. Any recommendations on volume settings on both devices or any other tips that could help get the best amp in the room sound possible ? Thanks in advance.

• I've been using the same amp for the same purpose you are planning with an unpowered Kemper rack for almost three years. I've never changed the monitor output gain from the factory setting. Personal preference for me at least in browse mode, clean and distortion sense set at zero, pure cabinet off or zero, haven't looked at it in quite some time and can't remember what it actually says. I've tried several thousand rigs off the exchange, some sound really good, some don't.

The speaker in the Fender adds a little mid range honk to most rigs that might not be so prevalent through other monitoring options. I have some EV zlx12 speakers that I've tried and headphones but it just isn't my cup of tea, they are probably a closer representation of the amp profile but my brain just doesn't seem to be able to come to terms with such a radical departure from a guitar speaker lol! I'm anxiously waiting for feedback from others once the Kone is released out into the wild....

• Thank you very much Howard. I will try these to start and report back. I will also let you know as I experiment and settle on settings going forward. I have a Cerwin Vega powered speaker and a line 6 firehawk 1500, the firehawk sounds good and the Cerwin Vega is ok. I wanted to experiment with a guitar speaker and heard good things about the Mustang. I’m waiting for the powered Kemper Cabinet but I am also excited for feedback on the non-powered release.

• Got tired of waiting for the powered Kemper Kab...

Just plugged my Kemper Toaster into the FX Return of my Mustang III (v1).

Wow.... sounds great with no coloration from any of the Fender preamp controls or models...

The speaker is a Celestion G12T-100, which is a very neutral speaker designed for the Fender modeler, which goes from little Champ speakers to Fender Twins, to Marshall 4x12 emulation.

I think I just saved my self a bunch of cash for home playing... I’ll keep the DXR10s for other things for now.

Oh, and the Toaster fits perfectly on the Mustang III.... that I wasn’t using anymore anyway... :)