Victory amp profiles

• Hi has anyone purchased any of the official Victory amp profiles from their official store?

I bought the 8 amp pack and at first wasn't too fussed about them. However after playing around with them......wow! they are excellent.

They take the gain knob on the Kemper really well, better than a lot of other profiles do in my humble opinion. My favourite amp is the V40 which has some great cleans (Pete Honore sounds) but the Sheriff is excellent too.

Be interesting to see if anyone else has tried them?

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Hi has anyone purchased any of the official Victory amp profiles from their official store?

I bought the 8 amp pack and at first wasn't too fussed about them. However after playing around with them......wow! they are excellent.

They take the gain knob on the Kemper really well, better than a lot of other profiles do in my humble opinion. My favourite amp is the V40 which has some great cleans (Pete Honore sounds) but the Sheriff is excellent too.

Be interesting to see if anyone else has tried them?

I bought the 8 pack last night. So far I am loving the Kraken. Normally I make a performance for each new amp brand. For these I made a Virtory performance and a Kraken performance. Loving them all

• Im glad youre liking them. They're so tweakable.

Yes the Kraken has some great high gain sounds.

I'm really impressed

• Glad to hear positive thoughts on this I was thinking about snagging the Super Kracken as well, seems to be the only thing that is unique out of the packs. With Rabea doing the profiling I can probably ensure the accuracy as he plays that amp alot exclusively.

Even the low gain on the Kraken has an awesome 'edge of breakup' tone that has gotten that amp its own performance and gotten it sitting right next to me MBritt Dumble performance.

• Glad to hear positive thoughts on this I was thinking about snagging the Super Kracken as well, seems to be the only thing that is unique out of the packs. With Rabea doing the profiling I can probably ensure the accuracy as he plays that amp alot exclusively.

Hang in there, I did and now they're amongst my fave profiles

• Super Kraken or The Kraken? Which pack is better...high gain player...

I liked the Kraken better. Has great high gain tones and great low gain breakup tones. The Super Kraken has great high gain as well, I just liked the Kraken a little bit more. I also bought the 8 amp pack since it was a little cheaper to buy them all at once.

• Well my first thoughts on the Super Kraken were not completely impressive. Picked them up just this afternoon and was going through a ton of AMP factory profiles previewing until I ended up finally at my super krakens. Compared to the demo Rabea did I felt like it was missing some life.

Could be my ears were tired...by that time. but seemed like the tones had that blanket effect...

If I know Rabea, im sure he put some sort of high cuts and low cuts for the video so I will try them again tonight with those changes and see what happenes.

Will report back haha

• but seemed like the tones had that blanket effect...

I've same impression (playing through A7X), however with a bit of presence boost, huge definition boost and some highs added these profiles actually sound really, really well to me - warm and pleasant. I agree with Crookster - they take tweaking very well. Kraken alone was worth the pack - very enjoyable!

Are those profiles (the 8-pack) groundbreaking? Probably no. But many of them are just solid and fun to play.

I wish they used more cabinets - because they all have the same common theme (V30/G12-65H) and there is zero variety here.

• I'm pretty sure they said they setup the profiles based on running the amps in "neutral" so that you needed to tweak the basics yourself to your liking. I don't think they were meant to be used right of the box so to speak.

I have the Super Kraken, wondering if I should try the original one.

• I'm pretty sure they said they setup the profiles based on running the amps in "neutral" so that you needed to tweak the basics yourself to your liking. I don't think they were meant to be used right of the box so to speak.

I have the Super Kraken, wondering if I should try the original one.

I think you're right. Once tweaked they're great. I can't believe how well the gain knob works with these profiles to give clean sounds a decent distortion.

Yes buy the Kraken too, its only £5 (depending on where you are).

• Yeah I pretty much would agree 100% with tweaking. They still aren't immediately satisfying, but now can be pretty fun.

I dropped in the high and low cut for eq, post amp and cab.
    Took out the reverb depending on patch

Boosted the clarity nob 1/3 to 2/3s depending -definitions were already up there

Then boosted no more then 1-1.5 of treb and half that amount in presence. Occasionally same thing in mids to liven up things.

• Turns out I was playing exclusively Kraken profiles for last 3 days and I must say I love the sound and feel of this amp. To the extent that I bought VX100 Super Kraken profiles and they also are very good. IMHO, VX100 Super Kraken profiles require less tweaking right out of the box (although character of the sound is pretty much the same as Kraken - as expected). The only additions is clean channel (3 profiles), not present in The Kraken pack.