New Beta supporting Kone and Kab

• I was able to update from RM, it first updated to the new RM, then installed the new Beta OS. Not one problem here. Even updated in Browse mode this time.

Been watching the US store everyday for weeks now, looking forward to the Kabinet.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Have a "what-if" that just hit me.

Run a "wet-dry-wet" setup with 3 kones (a home brew with 2 kones on the sides, & a Kabinet in the middle) ???

Oh my....

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Usually any new version is first introduced as a beta regardless if it includes features or fixes. Even fixes could cause unpredicted side effects. That's why. If the beta turns out to be stable in the field it will be elevated to release level. I think that is common practice.

Hello Burkhard,

That is not correct.

There have been many bug fixes in the past released without beta.

Other companies also publish bug fixes without a beta phase.

Microsoft e.g. every 2nd Tuesday of the month.

Beta versions are used when new functions are added or something is changed in principle.

The following fixes were made in this beta and are not in the release.
    The customer now has to wait until the beta phase is completed.

List of fixes:

fixed: Sorted By Date

fixed: Performance Load Pending left, if selecting Performance currently loaded

fixed: wrong Amplifier and Cabinet Author could be displayed when changing Performance via MIDI

I am a software developer myself and know how it should work.

There are branches in the source control system for this purpose.

Be the force with you ;)

• Comparing Kemper to Microsoft is ridiculous.

That's because the Kemper works most of the time ?^^

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• I was just fiddling around with the Kemper kone settings in the new beta software and even through my two 1x12 cabs (one with a G12T-75 and one with a V-type) it sure sounds good. Actually I am quite surprised by the effect of it, even on regular guitar speakers. I even prefer the sound with the Kemper Kone setting active, I didn't expect that to happen with regular guitar speakers.

• You can exchange the name with any company you wish, it was only an example that also big Names do this.
    Line6 (Yamaha) / Fractal they all publish bugfixes without a beta before.

Then go buy one. Like so much else, that’s not how Kemper does things.

You’re literally barking at the moon here.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Then go buy one. Like so much else, that’s not how Kemper does things.

I already have products also from other competitors ...

And Kemper has released many bug fixes in the past without a beta phase !!
    We talking about Bugfixing !! not about new funtionality.

Since version 7 and since the release of the stage, I see more and more quality problems and the way they are fixed reminds me of an open source project of a garage company.

I am not expecting any new free features, but that what I have bought should work correctly.

When support advise me to try out a beta version to fix a bug, then I'm in the wrong movie.

Be the force with you ;)

• Hello all , did you noticed if the new beta introduced a smal reverb to your sounds ?

I'm reverting to a public version to chek , Anyoune else had the same problem.. never happened to me since yesterday.

Thanks for your feedback

MIKE

• Barking, I say. Barking at the moon.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• WOLF!!!

Or, is that Woof!!!

?

LOL :P

• no it has also some fixes for the release in it.
    read the release log.

Ahhh, right. When it first went up, the post didn't mention any fixes. It disappeared shortly after and I didn't see the changes when it came back ( at least that's how I recall it happening).

Either way, I don't get the issue. I'm very happy with the Kemper way and it seems to work for others too.