Guitar Tuning and Output from Kemper

• So I got a Kemper about a month ago and I swear my guitars always seem a little out of tune. I don't know if it's the Kemper's output or the tuner on the Kemper, but if I play not plugged they sound fine but through headphones (I don't have a cab) they just feel out of tune or intonation always off.

Spoiler...I just had all my guitars setup within the past couple months so I don't think it's my instruments...and I didn't feel that way with my EVH 5150 III that I sold to get the Kemper.

Is there some settings somewhere...I heard something about a "chords" setting maybe?

• I cant really see how.

Is the tuner on 440hz ?

U haven't altered the transpose setting in rigs. ?

Are u switching off all the pitch shift effects .

I cant think of any logical way a kemper could alter your intonation. Its probably just the weather.

I dont think the tuner is amazing but if your + or minus 1% and u check your harmonics after tunic and slightly tweak if Ness then that should be it.

• I totally get your frustration with the tuning issue on your Kemper. It can be a bummer when your guitars sound off through headphones. Have you checked the settings on the Kemper? There might be some adjustments you can make to improve the tuning accuracy. I'm not sure about the ""chords"" setting, but it's worth exploring. I stumbled upon this helpful guideline on how to tune an 8 string guitar on staytunedguitar.com. It might give you some insights. Anyway, I apologize for jumping in late on this thread, as I'm new to the forum. If anyone else has experienced similar issues or has tips on getting the best tuning and output from a Kemper, feel free to chime in. Keep on rocking!

• Even with a pro setup, guitars are not perfect instruments. You can tune closer to zero cents for clean tones but you will most likely detune a few cents on certain strings as you add gain. Low E and G strings are always my pet peeve.

Tune to pitch (zero) then tune down or up problem strings by ear after playing some chords. Then note how many cents you are off zero on the tuner.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.