Marcus Cliffe profiles?

• I've purchased his Dumble profiles way back, and I don't like them at all. Far beyond from Michael Britt, Tonejunkies, Reampzone and the likes... I'm not talking about his other packs, which I've never tested. But the guy seem pretty serious, with a great recording studio, and he's a Mark Knopfler consultant or something like that.

• I've purchased his Dumble profiles way back, and I don't like them at all. Far beyond from Michael Britt, Tonejunkies, Reampzone and the likes... I'm not talking about his other packs, which I've never tested. But the guy seem pretty serious, with a great recording studio, and he's a Mark Knopfler consultant or something like that.

Ah so you didn't like the Dumble pack. Well yeah, the Michael Britt Dumble profiles are amazing in my opinion. Hard to beat. Thanks for your input jazzfreak .

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• i tried the Dumble pack but they weren’t too my taste personally either. My favourite Dumble packs are MBritt and Tone Junkie. Marcus’ not so mich and ReamZone sounded awful to my ears but that’s just personal taste.

there is no doubt Marcus’ profiles work in a live setting as already mentioned Mark Knopler uses some of them. Then again Mark Knopfler could get an amazing tone out of a kazoo.

• If Mark Knopfler tried 'em and still uses them then, by all means!

IIRC his engineer/s / guitar techs created a custom set for him, but I'm pretty sure he used / tested Markus' offering when he first switched or contemplated switching to Kemper for his live shows.

IOW, AFAIK he no longer uses Markus' Dumble. Maybe Markus will chime in...

• sorry guy's not been around much lately. Just come over to launch a new pack and seen this. I'm not a consultant for Mark I play in his band :D

He called me a couple of years ago as I'd been an early adopter, to ask me what i thought about it. I told him it was a great tool for me.

I haven't seen Mark for a year now since I was in the studio recording with him. I have not seen his tour Kemper as he used a mainly American Band on the road last year so do not know exactly what is on there. His tech Glen told me that there were some M Britt profiles and some of my Dumble profiles on there when they were in production rehearsals last year. I haven't seen or spoken to Glenn since then either.

Hope that helps.

• I happen to like them very much. Especially the ones aiming at the "running on empty" sounds. The Lindley slide sound is great.

But regarding Mark's profiles: I wonder if his tech profiled Mark's JTM45 with the cab (still loaded with EV's?). That would be the one to have for me. That's the Brothers in arms sound everybody wants. Or do they really use MBritts Marshalls for that sound? That would be interesting to know.

Matter of fact I recently wanted that Brothers in arms sound on one of my tracks and I did use one of MBritts Marshalls (a profile with the Greenback G25M speakers) and with the Neck-PU of my R8 I came pretty close (minus the fingers of Mark of course). Would be funny if the master himself uses MBritts for that song.

Here's a couple of pics from when we were recording last. That's my D*mble Bluesmaster on his 4x12 I haven't profiled that yet not sure how many D*umble profiles people want. I think that amp has the Best clean sounds from any of the ODS special amps so I should really do it. And my D*umble rig with the dumbleator all set up mic'd with the classic U67 and Sm57 same as Marks 4x12.

Glenn was going to get the EVM 4x12 out to pair it with , now that's a monster cabinet....4x EVM12' s in a cab....it needs 2 people to carry it :)

M