Gain and volume temporarily overriding rigs

• Ever since I updated to OS version7.1.22.15970, strange things have been happening with my unpowered KPA.

Most recently, I was creating a new rig in the Browser after which I switched to Performance mode to play one of my clean rigs. Strangely, they were all very crunchy sounding, and I soon realized the gain knob was stuck on the default 50% mark for all of them, as was the volume knob. I didn't have any locking enabled, so I decided to just switch the KPA off and on again to try to clear the issue.

After rebooting, the issue persisted—until it didn't. At least a full minute into playing while changing rigs in Performance mode, suddenly, all the rigs were all back to their correct gain/volume settings. I hadn't touched anything but the up/down buttons on the d-pad.

What gives?

• Hi Magnus, and welcome to the forum! I've not heard of that issue before. I would make a backup of your KPA just in case. If it happens again you can send it to support with a description.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I had the same kind of aftermath with 7.1.22 update with my Stage (updated via USB stick).

In perform mode, every profile seemed to have same amount of gain.

In my case everything was pretty clean sounding.

During update I did notice a message about corrupt performance(s) detected.

I went through all my 30 or so performances. All clean and drastic differences in volume levels between profiles too.

I felt like the lack of gain was compensated with higher volume...but who knows.

One performance was replaced with "New Performance".

Rebooting did not change a thing.

But as always, I had made a USB stick backup before updating so I restored that.

Things seem to be normal now.

• Yeahhhhh so this is a bit irritating. Luckily, I'm not performing for awhile (especially with all of this craziness)...but I'm running in to the same thing.

All the slots in a performance, have the same GAIN, but the volumes are different for sure.

I'm not exactly sure how to to overcome this GAIN issue. If Kemper has any ideas, let's hear 'em!