Differences between the Kone and the Celestion F12-X200?

• the maker is the same cause Celestion builds the Kone for kemper

the F12 has a separate driver for high frequencies

the kone has a custom whizzer cone which is used by the kemper kone firmware

its a diff thing

but i like the f12 as an frfr speaker

using it with the kone imprints im not so happy sound wise

• Per CK himself:

“The Kone is a modification of the K12H-200, where we have redesigned the inner wizzer cone down to a smaller size, to achieve a different dispersion pattern for the high frequencies.

The Kone / Kabinet and the adjaced digital part in the Profiler perfectly match. You cannot run another speaker (including the K12H-200) with it, as it would result in a reasonably different frequency responce.”

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• F12-X200 -- Kone

FRFR (60Hz-20KHz) -- GRFR (50Hz-10KHz)

woofer/HPF/tweeter -- woofer/wizzer cone

different construction materials

Basically, take a look at the Celestion K12H-200TC if you want to know what the Kone is like. I'm sticking be my broken-record-story that the Kone (officially, the K12K-200) is a very slightly modified version of the K12H-200TC, if it's not the same.

• We CK himself:

“The Kone is a modification of the K12H-200, where we have redesigned the inner wizzer cone down to a smaller size, to achieve a different dispersion pattern for the high frequencies.

The Kone / Kabinet and the adjaced digital part in the Profiler perfectly match. You cannot run another speaker (including the K12H-200) with it, as it would result in a reasonably different frequency responce.”

Oh cool... I hadn't seen that quote from CK. Thanks.

• Thanks all!

Just what I needed to know, looks like Im waiting for the Kone. ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I wonder if I can replace the speaker in a Tech 21 PEDD w/the K.K.? The amp is 100W into 8 ohms, but if you run a PEDD extension speaker it becomes 4 ohm load and 200W.

Things that make you go Huhmmmmm.

• I wonder if I can replace the speaker in a Tech 21 PEDD w/the K.K.? The amp is 100W into 8 ohms, but if you run a PEDD extension speaker it becomes 4 ohm load and 200W.

Things that make you go Huhmmmmm.

I have the old T21 PE 60 and the T21 people told me it would overheat the Power Engine if I used a 4 ohm load. I'm going to use the PE cabinet to hold the Kone and use a DV Mark CMT to power it.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• The PEDD amp will run a 4 ohm load as it extension cabinet compatible. Actually they make a passive cab to add to a PEDD. It's 100W into 8 ohms and when you add the extension it becomes 200W. Kind of deceiving in their marketing but I wasn't using it live, just at home.