How to arrange profiles in perform mode?

• I'm sure this has been covered because it's basic operation, but I am struggling finding out how to do this, like I am missing a step. I want to be able to quickly call up different profiles to be able to compare the sounds, I would like to have them next to each other instead of having to scroll in browser mode from say profile number 137 twisting the browse knob all the way to profile number 287 (kind of hard to do on the gig between songs). Can you re-assign program numbers in browser mode so profiles you like are grouped together? Or is this supposed to be done in perform mode? I do have the profiler remote foot controller also and it looks like you should be able to put these two profiles next to each other in perform mode, but when I try to do this it does not seem to load the profile I want into the specific "slot number." The name of the profile does not come up. Does the "slot number" correspond with the 1-5 buttons on the profiler remote? I would like to be able to assign a different profile to each 1-5 button on the foot controller (eventually) but I am struggling with finding an easy way to do this. Lots of confusion on the language - what the difference is between a "profile" and a "Rig" and a "performance" ? Please excuse the newbie questions! Eventually I would like to be using a A-B input box to switch instruments and have different profiles for different instruments assigned to buttons 1-5 on the foot controller on the gig. Maybe a volume pedal assigned on certain profiles. Currently I'm just using one profile on one instrument on the gig and other processors for other instruments. I have updated to 7.1.22 Thanks in advance!

• Thanks, but like I said - it does not seem to be assigning the profile to the "slot" to the 1-5 buttons on the controller. I can't seem to find step by step instructions to do what I am asking. The manual is incredibly confusing to me. When I try to press "save" (the manual says nothing about pressing "save") to the number 1 and then the next profile "save"to number 2, now I have to use the up down buttons on the remote to switch, it's like it's saving to "performance bank" and not a 1-5 button. Makes more sense to me to assign to 1-5 but I'm not finding step by step instructions on how t do this....

• Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper!

Performance mode is your go to tool for what you want to achieve - and much more which comes with more experience.

Look here, at 1:50 the explanation for your topic starts...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can also dial in the performances very nicely by using a computer connected via USB and the RigManager tool.

• still not working. I put profile # 137 in slot one, toggle over and put profile 287 in slot two - but when I go back to button one that profile is there, but going back to button two it's NOT the same profile saved settings I had, it's adding gain, has different EQ settings, etc. I don't understand what's happening.....

• You did it exactly as shown in the video?

Remember: Don't use the foot switches/remote before the full performance is set up and saved. Only use the Rig buttons on the profiler front to move around the sounds before you finally save the performance.

• Lots of confusion on the language - what the difference is between a "profile" and a "Rig" and a "performance" ? P

Well remember, Kemper is a profiler, so a "profile" was created from a real amp (with some settings on it). Then, when you add some effects on this "profile", like reverb, delay, distortion and so on, you making a "rig" out of the profile. Now putting this rig in to performance mode on some bank and slot, you creating a "performance". This performance may have different rigs on all 5 slots, which are assigned to the foot switches.

• Well remember, Kemper is a profiler, so a "profile" was created from a real amp (with some settings on it). Then, when you add some effects on this "profile", like reverb, delay, distortion and so on, you making a "rig" out of the profile. Now putting this rig in to performance mode on some bank and slot, you creating a "performance". This performance may has different rigs on all 5 slots, which are assigned to the foot switches

Can someone at Kemper use these intelligent words in their literature ? Had I been able to read this paragraph in the manual after I purchased my Stage , it could have helped me quickly wrap my head around the design and workings of the unit. Well stated.

• Another quick method for saving and testing out possible favorite rigs is to use the Browse mode and do a "Save As" and just add the special character "&" at the beginning of the rig name. Do this for several you want to easily compare. That shoots them right up to the very beginning of the Browse pool, from where you can use Remote buttons or soft buttons on the Kemper to switch between them. The ones you don't like? Just delete them. I put this character on ALL my favorite rigs so that when I create my performances, they're right there in one small, easy to manage group.

Gary ô¿ô

• OK thanks everyone for the help, I'm just getting back to this. I had placed my profiles in order using the rig buttoms, once I had four profiles in slots I wanted I hit save and used the foot controller buttons 1-5 to switch between profiles, all good. When I power down then power back up, Gain and EQ settings not at all where I had them on slot two when using the foot controller. Tried saving (using rig buttons to assign) again all good... until I power down then power back up. Then they change again when trying to use the foot controller ....What step am I missing?? Certainly not very intuitive (for this old guy)