Changing sensitivity of knobs on Kemper

• Hi Burkhard. Yes, I understand the speed at which the pot is turned dictates the resolution of the value changes. I still find targeting specific frequency values in the Studio EQ quite difficult. It seems that a small acceleration of the pot from the slowest movement often results in a much greater value leap than intended i.e. the ramp for the change in resolution feels steep. Turning the pot very slowly gives good resolution (albeit with the confusing decimal value for Hz, which I’ve provided feedback on in a separate thread). Trying to speed up the sweep of a band pass filter frequency a little, hunting for a problematic component of the sound often results in more overshoot than I anticipate. It’s a tricky one, as I appreciate the range of values for frequency is especially wide, compared to say, the dB scale for a particular process. I’m comparing this to the hysteresis/behaviour of digital encoders across a range of other audio equipment that I use regularly. I’m intending this as useful feedback in case this is still being refined, is all - if it’s only me that doesn’t get on with it, then no worries.

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan

• I’m intending this as useful feedback in case this is still being refined, is all - if it’s only me that doesn’t get on with it, then no worries.

It's not only you :).

I think something similar to Logic X, where holding ctrl while making adjustments gives a finer resolution, would do do the trick. Perhaps a soft button?

• ....or just refine the knob behaviour a little bit more... It's almost there, but still all too easy to overshoot when trying to move just one increment at a time (which is often needed when tweaking a profile).