Metaltronix M-1000 head (Big Hairy Profiles)

• https://bighairyprofiles.com/item/bhp-lj-mtx1000

The BHP LJ MTX1000 pack seeks to recreate the classic guitar tones from rigs that incorporated the Lee Jackson Metaltronix M-1000 amplifier head. This head was a culmination of 80's hard rock and metal mods done to heads of the best players in Hollywood. Zakk Wylde's came onto the scene with these tones. Paul Gilbert, George Lynch, Warren Dimartini, all launched their tones from. The "built to blast" design is bright and brash and gainy. But, when dialed in, these tone are iconic 80's metal tones that would be difficult to achieve with any other amp... unless it's one of Lee Jackson's mods.

27 Studio Profiles

SOUND SAMPLES - https://youtu.be/XcTytLRr1kc

LJ MTX1000 PRESETS:

Built to Blast

Clean He Says

Clean Sparkling

Loudness Thunder

Loudness Soldier

Lynch Lock & Key

Lynch Lock Lead

PG Lean Into It

PG Lucky This Time

PG Mr Big

PG Mr Big 2

PG Street Lethal

Ratt Lay It Down

Ratt Warren

Ratt You’re In Love

Stage II

Stage II Loud

Turned Up Loud

Vai Bump n Grind

Vai Eat ‘Em

Vai I’m Easy

with SD1

Zakk Crazy Babies

Zakk Purple Hz

Zakk Tattooed D

Zk Just Say Ozzy

Zk Just Say Ozzy Lead

• Michael,

Is this a completely different amp vs. the BHP LJ1000 pack I bought from your, previously?

Thanks,

Jeff

PS - I shot you an email yesterday about unlocking my downloads again since apparently they expired and I can't snag some of the updates you have provided for my previously purchased packs.

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Hi Jeff, I think we got all of the downloads squared away. To answer your question for others. Yes there are 2 main classic Metaltronix amps, the preamp GP-1000, and the head M-1000. There are similarities for sure. The same way the the Soldano X88R preamp and the SLO-100 are similar, but each has a distinct personality within that tonal circle. The M-1000 head actually has significantly more gain than the preamp. The preamp is a little more malleable tonally because I was able to use a VHT power amp (as well as Metaltronix solid state power amp) and insert rack EQ's. Both are killer for 80's mayhem.