Profiles, optimized for Guitars and Pickups?

• I have a simple question to those who consider themselves as Kemper professional or experts. Often, I read from users talking in forums about some profile which will work best for humbuckers or, on the other side, for single coils.

Now, I know, a Profile made by the Kemper, is not based on a guitar sound produced by intensively playing a guitar through the amp, where some microphone is listening and the profiler somehow records this. No, the Kemper itself is doing some action on the amp producing horrible noise, and it is by this, it is producing a profile(by some unknown algorithms). Ok, I know, after this basic step of evaluating a amp, you can give the Kemper analyzer some additional hints if you playing something on your guitar. Further, I know, the amp settings before profiling can be very different and they can be set by the profiling person for the desired sounds for a humbucker guitar or a single coil guitar. And, of course, you can set up the amp producing low, middle or high gain. These gain settings are very well reproduced by the Kemper, as I know from own experience.

But after all: How important are these settings for the resulting profile, for the base tone of the profile? How important is the step where you give the profiler some hints by playing on guitar?

Coming back to what users are writing, I simply got the impression that there are great myths around Kemper profiles. Myths cared with love by users, and of course, by sellers. This is not very different from what I read over the years from guitarists (or testers) about their guitars, amps, cabs, effects and so on. All these impressions describing sounds are very subjective. It is repeated by Kemper users on forums.

The question is: what is the rational considering my initial question?

• i wouldn’t be so bold as to consider myself a Kemper professional or expert but I believe Ingolf is correct.

it should be easy to do a quick and dirty test to check this.

Make a profile. Refine it with a Les Paul or similar. Save it.

make another copy of the same profile without changing anything but this time refine it with a Strat. Save it .

now compare both by A/B switching.

obviously, this isn’t a totally scientific test as it is almost impossible to ensure the playing during the refining process is the same in both cases and this will no doubt have a bearing on the end result. However, it should give a reasonable indication of whether the guitar makes a difference.

• At the end of the day, what really matters is if the profile / rig sound

good in our ears or not, with whatever guitars we use .... Or ??? :/

And there are probably as much opinions on what a "good" sound is

as there are members on this forum 8o

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I’ve got to believe after all the years Kemper has been out , this “experiment “ has been done thousands of times. Someone around here should be able to say easily.