Problem with the E note while using headphones

• Hello Folks !

I recently bought a kemper Powerhead both for studio and live purposes. It works perfectly well with physical cabs or a monitoring system, but I've encountered a problem while using it with headphones. Indeed, while all the other notes sound good (both in clean and distortion, with differents rigs) the E note makes a really weird sound, just like it is heavily compressed or my guitars have some bad buzz but ONLY on the E note, accross all their fretboards.

Obviously I checked all the output settings (Noise gate, Pure cab, headphone Space etc etc), using different guitars and different cables, same problem. Also, The software is up to date.

I would like to know if somebody could possibly help me with this issue,

Thank you !

• is there any chance that the headphone cable is touching the guitar body or your stap. It is amazing how much vibrational energy gets transmitted through the cable into our ears. I have had this on a number of occasions. The most obvious one was when using the transpose function to downtune a semitone. In my headphones I could still hear the guitar in the original key PLUS the downtuned version. I was convinced there was a bug in the software until I accidentally moved the headphone cable and it stopped the problem.

• I just tried that but unfortunately not working ! It's not a big issue because it's working perfectly with cabs or monitors but it bugs me knowing the price of the Kemper :/

• I don't think, this issue could be caused by the PROFILER by any means. The HEADPHONE OUT delivers the same signal as other stereo outputs set to Master Stereo e.g. MAIN OUTPUT. I suggest you narrow in, by connecting your headphones to the MAIN OUTPUT and connecting your powered monitor speakers to the HEADPHONE OUT using the appropriate TS to TRS adapters.

• It could be your pickup height, if it is too high you will get a warble and/or buzzing sound as it pulls too hard on the string. If other suggestions here do not get rid of it, try lowering your pickup on the high E side and see if that helps.