Power amp options for Kemper Kabinet?

• I've listened to and played unpowered Kemper through the SD Powerstage and the Fryette ps2. The Fryette ps2 sounds incredible then I would say the SD. And the Fryette has other capabilities as well.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• I've listened to and played unpowered Kemper through the SD Powerstage and the Fryette ps2. The Fryette ps2 sounds incredible then I would say the SD. And the Fryette has other capabilities as well.

thats interesting, how would you say it improves things? Ususally people say dont use tubes with digital, so its good to get opinion

• I don't have a SD 170, but have used a 50ASX2BTL module extensively with my unpowered toaster over the last year or so, and am very happy with it. It works very well, has been very reliable and trouble free at gigs, and was well priced. Also it had a better tone and feel with the Kemper than any other power amp I tried with it, tube or solid state. However it was very difficult to DIY it into the Kemper, I wouldn't want to try that again.

I don't understand why SD used a fan in the 170; the 50ASX2BTL is designed specifically to not need one, and under volume levels at a gig that caused clipping, the 50ASX2BTL in my Kemper toaster got barely warm, and I didn't use a fan. Maybe the SD 170 enclosure is so small the heat became concentrated at high power levels, but even then you might get away with convection cooling or a very slow fan. Just a tiny bit of airflow makes a massive difference in heat dissipation.

I'm planning on building a ICEPower 200ASC module into my next Kone cab; that module puts out 200W@4 ohms, and promises to be far easier to work with than the 50ASX2BTL. The 50ASX2BTL requires a balanced input and needs a bit of gain to make it work its best with a Kemper, but the 200ASC can use a single ended input.

• thats interesting, how would you say it improves things? Ususally people say dont use tubes with digital, so its good to get opinion

I don't know if it improves things like you said but it does add warmth. The Powerstage sounds warm as well.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• I used a Palmer Macht 402 power amp with my Kemper rack, and a Shure GLXD14UK-Z2 wireless system. It powers two Line 6 DT25 112 extension cabs, which did use Celestion G12H-90 speakers, which are rated at 90 watts. But, now, I've fitted each cab with a KEMPER Kone, which means I could use the full output power of the Palmer Macht 402 power amp, which is 2 x 200 Watt @ 4 Ohms (stereo mode). Although, I never would, it's far too loud!

The setup sounds fantastic; it can be very loud, or very, very quiet, whatever you want it to be. That means, I don't have to wear headphones for hours on end, and I now have the "amp in the room" feel, and all those classic speaker imprints to play with. I absolutely love it!

In Christoph, we trust.