Who's getting a Kabinet?

• Not ordering a Kab yet, but my two Kones are on the truck for delivery!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• When can we expect a review? :D

I have been experimenting Kabinet at home, but, all music events are cancelled here because of the pandemic, I won't be able to try it with the band for the foreseeable future.

I am very impressed! I instantly preferred it to the Yamaha DXR10 I have been using for years.

I like the range of the Directivity control - I'll have to use it with the band to know my preferred setting.

Bass Boost makes the Kabinet sound huge :) I'll try it onstage to know my preferred setting, too. I suspect it would be too bass heavy for my live use, but, I predict this will be a popular feature.

I compared a brand new Studio profile I made of my Marshall Jubilee, side by side with the Marshall, and the Kabinet (with Creamback setting) sounded and felt like my V30 2x12 Marshall cabinet. When I turned it up to stage volume, it was easy to get the find of musical feedback that is difficult with my DXR10.

The Imprints sound great to me, and I think the differences in each one can easily be heard with Kabinet. Pairing the Celestions with Marshalls, and the Jensens with Fenders worked really well, and so did some unusual combinations of amps and speakers. I am sure I will be assigning an Imprint per Cabinet Preset for live use, when that feature becomes available :)

Be sure and try the Goodman Imprint. It is a really nice sounding Imprint.

• I love the form factor of the Kabinet.

Very elegant, ruggedly built, fairly small.

Very powerful!

The imprints to me are closing the gap to using guitar speakers, they all are very good (and inevitably I Prefer some more ran others).

My favorite feature is the directivity parameter which actually enables me to place the cab in the room without physically moving the cab.

More directivity = more beam, less directivity = less beam.

This will be very useful when placing the Kabinet on a stage and then dialing in the 'sweet spot' regarding where you personally stand on the stage.

You can even morph that parameter (e.g. during soundcheck).

I also love that any aux signal that you feed into the Profiler will be played full-range while the guitar still uses imprints. Awesome.

In full range mode the Kabinet sounds great with an Acoustic (which means it is great quality FR) but for electric guitar I doubt I'll ever use FR again as the imprints are so good and as I'm done with FRFR anyway (as I've stated previously).

The only thing I scratch my head about is the sweetening parameter (accessible when you use FR mode = monitor cab on). It’s very subtle to me. What do others say?

• This guy says the bottom feet are too close together, how about you guys?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds very convincing!

i’m Guessing the feet need to be that close together to allow stacking them. The Kabinet slopes back slightly to angle the speaker upwards so the top of the lower Kabinet is narrower than the bottom of the one being placed on top of it.

• I know this is a basic question but I’m struggling for the exact answer. Mines here next week:)

If I’m using a studio profile in FRFR mode then switch to imprint mode would I turn the cab sim off?

• i’ve checked mine and I don’t find the cabinet unstable at all. The feet width in relation to the cabinet size is no worse than a Marshall 4x12 anyway and I don’t see many of them toppling over because of the feet.

The feet need to be that spacing to allow the angled cabinet to stack simple as that.

Good to hear.