Who's getting a Kabinet?

• Ok, but if I just change profile straight away the speaker would change with the profile? E.g a Fender 65 and a Marshall JCM800 profile would both use different speakers?

you can set it up to do almost anything you want in this regard.

if you use the Kabinet in full range mode then the speaker captured as part of the rig will automatically be heard.

if you use the Kabinet with the speaker imprints you select a default imprint in the output menu. Make this the speaker you would use with most of your rigs (if you are mainly a Marshall guy you might make this a Greenback etc). However, in each rig there is a field to override the default imprint. Therefore, you will always get the default UNLESS you have a different imprint saved as part of your rig. You can save any of the imprints you want against any rig. Once saved this way the rig will load your desired imprint whenever you select it.

• Thanks Wheresthedug I pretty much want the default speaker to active when I change to a particular profile. Only the hi-gain profiles I would want a V30 speaker but I presume the 5150/Mesa Dual Rec/Diezel VH4 profiles would have that as default anyway.

• you can set it up to do almost anything you want in this regard.

if you use the Kabinet in full range mode then the speaker captured as part of the rig will automatically be heard.

if you use the Kabinet with the speaker imprints you select a default imprint in the output menu. Make this the speaker you would use with most of your rigs (if you are mainly a Marshall guy you might make this a Greenback etc). However, in each rig there is a field to override the default imprint. Therefore, you will always get the default UNLESS you have a different imprint saved as part of your rig. You can save any of the imprints you want against any rig. Once saved this way the rig will load your desired imprint whenever you select it.

Im a bit confused, I didn't think we can save imprints to profiles yet? Am I missing something?

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Ok, so if I was to profile my 6505+ head into my Orange PPC412 cab with V30's, unless I play out of the Kabinet or some monitors I'll get the sound of the branded speaker cabinet I'd be using?

• Ok, so if I was to profile my 6505+ head into my Orange PPC412 cab with V30's, unless I play out of the Kabinet or some monitors I'll get the sound of the branded speaker cabinet I'd be using?

Yes, that's right. If you profile your whole setup, what you hear on your headphones or monitors will be the entire amp + cab sound.

• There doesn't seem many places with the Kabinet in stock til July so I'm thinking of getting a regular 1x12 cab (probably Orange) in the meantime.

A 1x12 (60watt I think) should hold up against the KPA power amp right? I've seen people using smaller cabinets with it and it still sounds great.

• There are price differences in cabinets like crazy. I put my Kone into a 1x12 Cabinet from Palmer (about 100 Euros, new) and can´t think of any advantage of having paid more for a cabinet with a famous name on it. Are there experiences about non imaginary superior qualities of expesive cabinets for the kone? (Not talking about open/closed here).

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• There's £100 difference between an Orange 1x12 and the Kabinet so wanted to get the Orange one first while I wait for the Kabinet to become available in the UK. I just hope it'll hold up against the power amp of the Kemper, it should do as its a 16ohm cab and the speaker output of the unit is 8-16ohms.

• There's £100 difference between an Orange 1x12 and the Kabinet so wanted to get the Orange one first while I wait for the Kabinet to become available in the UK. I just hope it'll hold up against the power amp of the Kemper, it should do as its a 16ohm cab and the speaker output of the unit is 8-16ohms.

The Kone is readily available and is easy to put into your cab. Thats what I did (Victory cab) and I am so pleased with it.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel